Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest
Re: Yankee Ingenuity at it\'s Finest

MossRoad,
Thanks.
Just call me Wilson. Although I am no where near as wise. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I spent a little time this morning playing with some other mirrors I have and to be honest. I can't forsee any type of mirror that I could install that is going to improve on the rearward visibility that I already have. So I am going to give it a couple more days thinking on whether or not I want to angle this pipe work frame in and then continue it down to the tractor or loader frame. I need to mentally play around with that idea.
If I decide that I don't need to do that or won't like the way it will look etc. Then I believe I will trim the drop down pieces. Not because they interfere with visibility or safety, but merely because the extra length will then be unecessary.

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #22  

Very nice job Mark. Congradulations.

Being height challenged I'd have to lower the mirrors so I could catch them out of the corner my eye when using the loader.

Perhaps this site should have a " Project Of The Month Award " such as a hat or some such small item for recognition.

Egon

Egon,
Thank you for the compliments. I don't believe it deserves a reward, but I sure am happy with the way it turned out.

After some deliberation on extending the pipe frame down to the tractor frame and my friend Norman going, Ugh !! Uh Uh !! that would look terrible. I decided to trim the down drops to 6". Attached is a picture of the modified assembly.
I raised the mirrors and trimmed the pipe with a pipe cutter, reinstalled the rubber crutch tips. I didn't even have to remove the assembly from the tractor.
I must say, it does look much better.

Attachments

• 248609-DSCF0005 B (2) reduced.jpg
    248609-DSCF0005 B (2) reduced.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 253

Picture 2 of modified assembly, from rear of tractor

Attachments

• 248611-DSCF0005 B (3) reduced.jpg
    248611-DSCF0005 B (3) reduced.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 225

Picture 3, profile of tractor with modified assembly

Attachments

• 248613-DSCF0005 B reduced.jpg
    248613-DSCF0005 B reduced.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 227
   / Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #26  

It does look better Mark. Also less likely to find stray branches and the top of the careless head.

Egon

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #27  

Hey Mark, I am with Egon, looks much better with the xtra pipe cut-off and the rubber caps on it. I am sure it makes for good vision, I may have to "borrow" this idea ??????? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #28  

Mark,

Very cool. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm thinking I've got to have some mirrors -so I'm going to "steal" parts of your project also. I'll leave a dollar in the jar for you.

grainger12002 & Tdenny,
Please help yourselfs, the more the merrier /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Yankee Ingenuity at it's Finest #30  

GREAT JOB !! I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD GIVEN ANY THOUGHT TO PUTTIG A MIRROR ON THE REAR, SO YOU LOOK FORWARD THROUGH THE MIRROR TO THE ONE IN THE REAR AND SEE THE IMPLEMENT. THIS WOULD SAVE THE CONSTANT TURNING AROUND AND PREVENT A STIFF NECK. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font>