Oil & Fuel Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #1  

Dowork88

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 204
I’ve searched and searched. Can anyone please help me out with the fluid capacity for the loader on this thing? I just picked the tractor up for 2k and I’m very happy with it. Going through maintenance now. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #2  
What brand of loader? We know the hydraulic level for the YM155 without power steering because the FREE manuals tell us on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group site. :)

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #3  
Does the tractor have a loader or do you plan to add one? If the tractor has a loader, it uses the same hydraulic fluid as the three point and the transmission. Once the loader has been added and the fluid serviced there is no real change in fluid levels. When you change hydraulic fluid the cylinders are (or are supposed to be) retracted so the only remaining fluid is what's in the lines.

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity
It has the YFL 155 loader on it. Thanks everyone for the info. I can’t believe the price of the manual for the loader on eBay! $100 plus shipping. The seals leak on the upper cylinders so it was low. I decided to drain it and replace it, which brought me to my dilemma. From everything I can see, the FEL has a separate reservoir for fluid and the fill port is on the top right arm assembly near the controls. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
   / Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #5  
From everything I can see, the FEL has a separate reservoir for fluid and the fill port is on the top right arm assembly near the controls.
Double check that before doing anything. If your loader has a separate reservoir then the setup may not be original. I thought all the YFL series loaders were plumbed in series before the 3-point lift, so the fluid came from the transmission sump.

Sump > pump > loader control (passing straight through when the loader isn't in use) > 3-point.

The next larger size Yanmars take around 4 gallons of UTF to fill the transmission sump. Yours might be 3.5?

Double check that before doing anything. If your loader has a separate reservoir then the setup may not be original. I thought all the YFL series loaders were plumbed in series before the 3-point lift, so the fluid came from the transmission sump.

Sump > pump > loader control (passing straight through when the loader isn't in use) > 3-point.

The next larger size Yanmars take around 4 gallons of UTF to fill the transmission sump. Yours might be 3.5?

That was my estimate based on the Koyker which was similar. I just drained it out of the bottom of the loader assembly. It’s set up a lot like my Massey industrial. I’ll try and attach a picture. Thank you!

IMG_0313.JPG

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #8  
Interesting! That's the exact same AICO loader control that was presumably dealer-installed along with my Great Bend (third party) loader on my YM240, before it was sold new in 1980. And I've seen that control widely used back in the day on 8N loader installs.

But your loader structure is completely different from the Great Bend loader, or the Yanmar loader on my YM186D.

What feeds the input side of that AICO loader control?

Looking at that again - is that a low pressure reservoir before the fluid returns to the sump, or an isolated system driven by a second pump, or ???

/ Yanmar 155D Loader Fluid Capacity #9  
It has the YFL 155 loader on it. Thanks everyone for the info. I can’t believe the price of the manual for the loader on eBay! $100 plus shipping. The seals leak on the upper cylinders so it was low. I decided to drain it and replace it, which brought me to my dilemma. From everything I can see, the FEL has a separate reservoir for fluid and the fill port is on the top right arm assembly near the controls. Thanks everyone!

All I have on a YFL155 is the sales brochure. I think rScotty first posted it on the site prior.

YFL155 Loader_1.jpg

YFL155 loader specs_2.jpg

Thanks for that! I honestly have no idea. I know there’s a pump behind the front bumper which I believe powers the fel. I added fluid where you can see the white cap on the top, but it started spewing back out when operated. I think it might be all controlled by the fluid in the transmission. I’m also fairly certain these are self bleeding systems, so I may have overfilled it. Drained some of what I added and it seems better now. The entire manual is way too expensive.