Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change?

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #1  

Peterchris

Tractor
Yanmar FX32D
I need to change the hydraulic oil on my Yanmar FX32D. I believe there's a strainer (behind a plate with three bolts?) and a large spin-on filter. Any hints on this? Is there a thread already out there? And, for the engine oil, use regular 10-40 oil? Thanks!

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #2  
I don't know about your hydraulic system. Your engine is a diesel so be sure to used diesel rated engine oil. Your manual should tell what weight to use. In most cased 15W-40 is the common choice.

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #3  
Likely you'll get more opinions so take mine with a grain of salt. Your climate I would think 10w40 would be a good choice. Don't know what stores you have in Hi, if you have a tractor supply the Traveler brand hydraulic/transmission choice is a good one. I have used it in both Yanmar and also Bobcat hydrastat for close to 15 years. I believe your strainer will be on the right hand side of the transmission housing (sitting in seat). https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...al-tractor-trans-hydraulic-fluid?cm_vc=-10005

Last edited:
   / Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #4  
I need to change the hydraulic oil on my Yanmar FX32D. I believe there's a strainer (behind a plate with three bolts?) and a large spin-on filter. Any hints on this? Is there a thread already out there? And, for the engine oil, use regular 10-40 oil? Thanks!

F, FF & FX Series all use J20C or TF500A as the hydraulic fluid. Same stuff.

TF500A=J20C_.jpg

JD J20_-hydraulic oils.com.gif

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #5  

Yanmar Engine Oil grades. Shell Rotella T4 Synthetic 10W30 will do just fine.

yanmar-oils.png

And for the same Yanmar engines in the John Deere, the charts are basically the same too.

Yanmar-oils JD spec manual.png

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #6  
I don't know about your hydraulic system. Your engine is a diesel so be sure to used diesel rated engine oil. Your manual should tell what weight to use. In most cased 15W-40 is the common choice.

Because his machine is a Japan made to JIS standards, 15W40 is way too thick and will not cover the long diesel stroke, remain fresh in the piston ring passages and in time aid in creating more diesel soot.

Most if not all the Japan tractors avoid 15W40 because of the tighter passages and tolerances than old American Iron tractors.

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #7  
I use to use Mercon Dextron ATF in my FX 32 & FX42.
That's what they had inside the transmission when they arrived, I never had any problems.

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change?
Thanks for all the help! I'll look for the Shell Rotella synthetic 10w30 for engine oil. And I already have hydraulic oil from NAPA.

Question: The hydraulic filter that came with the tractor is about 5 3/4" long and 3 3/4" in diameter. The one on Hoye Tractor looks smaller, maybe about 3 3/4" x 3 3/4". I've attached a photo of the filter on my tractor. (I'm assuming this is the hydraulic oil filter!)

It's located under the left side of the floor where your left foot would rest. Is the one on Hoye Tractor OK for the FX32D?

yanmar-filter.jpg

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #9  
I would feel very confident the one Hoyes shows will be a good fit for you. Too fine a mesh in the hydraulic filters can cause premature plugging. You can have confidence in the one they sale having the right internals.