Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change?

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #11  
The TSC Traveller brand of "Premium Universal Tractor Trans/hydraulic oil" meets those specs.

Yes. :)

TSC is an hour drive 1-way, but the Blains Farm & Fleet are all around here. The F&F brand has a green strip with the words John Deere J20C.

Small jug

5 gallons

The back label states it's J20C.

And ANYWHERE in North America, one can get the Shell Rotella HD = J20C

Standards:
  • Allison C4 type fluids
  • SAE J306 85W
  • Case new Holland MAT-3525, M2C-134 A-D, FNHA-2-D.201.00
  • John Deere JDM-J20C
  • Masset-Ferguson M1143,M1145
  • Volvo WB 101, Transmission Oil 97303.015
  • ZF TE-ML 03E, 05F, 06D, 06K, 06M, 06N, 06R, 17E, 21F
  • Catepillar TO-2(obsolete)
  • Komatysu- recommended for use in certain construction equipment
  • Clark
  • Also recommended for use in Case equipment where fluids meeting MS-1207, 1209, or 1210 are specified
  • API GL-4

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #12  
Anywhere besides the overpriced Carquest is at least 30 minute drive for me. And that town does have a TSC. But anything else I just pick up while I pass at work or in another trip somewhere. I drive about 35,000 miles a year through most of this state and a small part of Georgia. Other than big city only stores I pretty much will pass anything at some point. And i say except big city stores cause I rarely go to big cities and when I am there I try to get out as fast as possible NOT hanging out and shopping.

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #13  
not sure if you have done this job yet. Has far has the hydraulic oil, I have always used Mercon trans fluid. In fact all the Yanmars i imported over the years , every F or FX series has had red fluid in the trans when I received it in the containers. It also works great with the loaders. I installed koyker loaders back they and Koyker agreed it would be great in all climates. one added benefit of using the mercon is it has a detergent in it so cleans everything on the inside of these old tractors
also the triangle plate and screen filter is the fastest way to drain the system. BUT be ready it is about 7 gallons.

/ Yanmar FX32D--any hints on hydraulic oil change? #14  
not sure if you have done this job yet. Has far has the hydraulic oil, I have always used Mercon trans fluid. In fact all the Yanmars i imported over the years , every F or FX series has had red fluid in the trans when I received it in the containers. It also works great with the loaders. I installed koyker loaders back they and Koyker agreed it would be great in all climates. one added benefit of using the mercon is it has a detergent in it so cleans everything on the inside of these old tractors
also the triangle plate and screen filter is the fastest way to drain the system. BUT be ready it is about 7 gallons.

Dang, that Mercon isn't cheap, even in a Walmart brand for savings. And it's not even full synthetic.

walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-MERCON-V-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-1-Quart/17134874

Now, over in the EU, FCA Mopar ATF+4 is a popular choice in both Yanmars and John Deeres because it's readily available. However, even at Walmart it's pricey too, BUT it's full synthetic.

Super Tech ATF Plus 4 Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart - Walmart.com

The TSC or Farm & Fleet offers the real deal Hy-Gard or TF-500A meeting the J20C for our machines at such a better price. :)

So, price per quart, keep shopping around.