Yanmar in Indiana?

/ Yanmar in Indiana? #31  
Its just I don't feel like I'm cheap, because I can't afford or need a new tractor. I only have 7 1/3 acres, and I don't farm, so why would I even want a new tractor? My YM 1700 cuts all the grass I want cut, and grades the road I want done. And I don't have a FEL but my dirt scoop does what I need done. People don't look at the needs of others, when they say things. And yes I understand that dealers can have a real problem with grey market tractor parts. I'm thankful for the ones that will get parts. The dealer I bought from is a good suppier of parts for buyers and nonbuyers. What part of Ohio are you in? I am from the Marietta area.

/ Yanmar in Indiana? #32  
Dick,
I'm just South of Columbus. I have about 2 acres to keep up on and it keeps me busy, mainly due to the previous owner "cobbing" things together.
Due to health and other reasons, I needed Hydro, power steering, 4WD and a FEL. The YM1700 just didn't the bill for now. But I'd recommend one to anyone that needs a tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Yanmar in Indiana? #33  
Yes I think the 1700 is a very good tractor. I know your area, I use to work for Smiths hardware suppy co. I don't know if they are still in business or not. I drove truck for them, 3 of us dilivered all of the Columbus area. Kept us pretty busy, with all the little towns, that connected to it. It all seemed like the same town, but it might have a different address to them. I delivered some of the first 357's to the police station on the north side of Columbus. Bet a hardware company couldn't do that now days.

/ Yanmar in Indiana? #34  
I personally wish to thank each of the people who have contributed to this thread. It difinitely has shown me a lot about some of my unanswered questions. I am a new grey market owner and did not know of the word grey until after I had my tractor for a few days. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Yanmar in Indiana? #35  
Dick,
I'm real familiar with Smith Bros. Hardware. No, they are gone now. They turned that old warehouse into a beautiful office building. I did a lot of inspections on it a couple of years back.