Yanmar verses Kubota

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #11  
I wish my loader worked that good I would be very happy. I dont like having to have the engine wound up all the time or having to throttle up and down especially dumping and reversing to get another load but thats me.

For Sure:thumbsup: But mine certainly isn't as slow as the Kubota they're comparing it to;)Incidentally: my FEL is faster without a load than having it fully loaded, I offer a challange, just to see exactly how quick our loaders do operate, .... 1st test at idel speed, 2nd test at 1500 rpm. from the ground fully lift and curl and back down on the ground, Time this either by minutes or sec. which ever the case may be.;) I'll be back with my results later:)

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #12  
27 seconds from floor to top of stroke and power down not float down idling, 20 seconds floor to top of stroke and power down not float @ 1500 with cold oil and cold engine well its in a warm shop so 50-60 degree oil fwtw. It will slow down considerably when the oil is hot least mine does.

Couldn't check curl speed because I have my SSQA pallet forks on and they would flip over backwards at the top didn't want to bend or dent anything.

I have the SC2400 in the vid @ 12 seconds at idle and 7 at fast engine speed thats smokin inho. The Kubota is pretty fast at fast engine speeds though gotta give it credit it is no slouch!

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #13  
Wow! I think you have me on both, although I did curl the bucket under while full up and let it down while remained curled, 700 rpm's idle speed was 55 seconds, 1500 rpm's took 25 seconds also curled while all the way up, It take more time to curl than the lift/lowering speed, there is one point ( about half way through the curl) it speeds up, Mine FEL has no float so it's all power down,
I'll need to check for just lift & lowering speed,

OK Just checked without curl and the results are 32 seconds @ 700 rmp and 17 seconds @ 1500
rpm,..
I guess this means it took 23 seconds to curl when idling, and 8 seconds to curl when at 1500 rpm's,
which is 15 seconds different between the two speeds, ofcorse they'll be some reaction time to figure in as well:D I'm not sure how many GPM the pump produces, But I did install a new pump 3 years ago,

Last edited:
   / Yanmar verses Kubota #14  
Oh my curl is real bad thats my worst action it would be painful to sit and wait on it too while timing it bet we are not as far off as you think. ;) :laughing: Oh and my idle speed test was @ 1000 sorry I was a bit to high rpm on that test.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #15  
27 seconds from floor to top of stroke and power down not float down idling, 20 seconds floor to top of stroke and power down not float @ 1500 with cold oil and cold engine well its in a warm shop so 50-60 degree oil fwtw. It will slow down considerably when the oil is hot least mine does.

Couldn't check curl speed because I have my SSQA pallet forks on and they would flip over backwards at the top didn't want to bend or dent anything.

I have the SC2400 in the vid @ 12 seconds at idle and 7 at fast engine speed thats smokin inho. The Kubota is pretty fast at fast engine speeds though gotta give it credit it is no slouch!

Hmm.. wow do you have really big cylinders and a really low flow pump? the rating for my Kl351 are raise the boom from the ground to the stop fully is 3.6 seconds and power down 2.3 seconds... dump bucket 1 second, and retract bucket from full dump 2.3 seconds. While I have not put a stopwatch to it, these figures are pretty close.. to what I see. Hot or cold, does not vary much. Now my Kl351 is a tractor with a fairly healthy pump and small cylinders , because the same pump is used on the DK40se with larger cylinders to lift more weight, but it will slow down the response some as in 4.5 to raise boom and 4.8 to lower the boom. But 27 seconds to raise the boom seems like a lot to me.

James K0UA

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #16  
I did see that video before I bought my Yanmar. I'm going to write up a 50hr review of my Yanmar LX soon, its sure has been great so far. I have only a few minor nit picks. I've moved plenty of full buckets of driveway material and it does it with ease. Most of the time I'm using the HST synchro throttle, so if I'm stationary I'll be operating the loader at idle. If I'm pushing into a pile and have the pedal down the rpms will be higher. Note, you can set the tractor throttle to idle at any RPM you want while using the syncro (pedal) throttle.

No, I'm not going to say my LX is superior to a Kubota, but I think I got more bang for my buck than a new Kubota. Note, I don't buy into that "resale value" horse apple stuff. If my "new" Yanmar lasts as long as all the "old" Yanmar models still going strong, then I'll be happy with my purchase.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #17  
Yeah Jim I agree it is slow and you are probably exactly right why. The thing I have to give Yanmar credit or not is they didn't really design these gray market tractors for aux hydraulics. The US spec Yanmars like the 3 numbered series (165,186,240,336 etc) were optioned with loaders and BH's so may well have bigger pumps I dont know for sure?

So we are asking probably more out of the pumps than they can deliver. I think my pump is 8-9 gpm and I know its 2250 psi I set the regulators all the same when I built my 3pt log splitter and my cyls are 2" btw.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #18  
Hmm.. wow do you have really big cylinders and a really low flow pump?
James K0UA

Yeah Jim I agree it is slow and you are probably exactly right why. The thing I have to give Yanmar credit or not is they didn't really design these gray market tractors for aux hydraulics. The US spec Yanmars like the 3 numbered series (165,186,240,336 etc) were optioned with loaders and BH's so may well have bigger pumps
I'm home in town so can't make that test until Thursday but I would say maybe 20 seconds lift and at least 20 seconds curl, on the big Great Bend loader on my (US) YM240. The tractor was apparently spec'd with Loader Ready HD front axle (adjustable width, probably the standard axle for some larger model) and next size larger front tires. But the pump is standard, labelled 7 cc's/rev. (I think about 4.3 gpm). The optional pump sold by Hoye is 9 cc's/rev. This is definitely a farmer's rig for intermittent use. For continual loader use on a construction site the slow speed would be intolerable.

Photos of typical use: 1 2 3 4

That last photo is pretty near the practical limit for this rig. The tires were imbedded in the ground to where I couldn't steer and it felt spooky top heavy with the tank swinging. The builder's plate on that tank says 650 lbs.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #19  
Hey, I've got one of those snowbear trailers pictured and I've put it through a lot, on both the highway and through logging roads. I have larger utility trailers, but if I had to keep one it would be that one. It just seems like the perfect utility trailer for my Jeep TJ and for transporting tractor implements.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota
My YM2002D: up and down 800rpm 38 seconds, full curl cycle 30 seconds

up and down 1500rpm 16 seconds, full curl cycle 12 seconds

My pump is rated at 10cc per revolution or about 6.34 gpm at 2400rpm