Yanmar verses Kubota

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #21  
Hey, I've got one of those snowbear trailers... if I had to keep one it would be that one. It just seems like the perfect utility trailer for my Jeep TJ and for transporting tractor implements.
Agreed. It is the same overall width as my Subaru and I have snaked the combo through some unbelievable tight spots. 2K GVW matches the Subaru tow specs. (and the early Trooper I owned when I bought it). Typical use: 1, 2, and 3 - the dump trailer accessory I made with a little HF winch. And - 200 miles at full capacity in 108 degree weather, the day I bought the YM186D: 4. I think these trailers (Home Depot) and the similar ones from Tractor Supply are ideal in the 2000 lb class.

Anyhow - Winston, I'm sorry to distract your thread. I'll test and report my loader times in a couple of days.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #22  
see exactly how quick our loaders do operate, .... 1st test at idle speed, 2nd test at 1500 rpm. from the ground fully lift and curl and back down on the ground...
Here you go. Loader is a Great Bend GB-20 on Yanmar YM240 both about 1980-81. Lifts are to max, 7.5 ft, but I almost never lift that high.

At low idle, 650 rpm. I run this slow when I need precision with the strap-on forks:
Lift/lower total 40 seconds. Curl in/out through full range 16 seconds. Total, both, 56 seconds.

At 1100 rpm which is what I usually use for the loader:
Lift/lower total 29 seconds. Curl in/out through full range 12 seconds. Total, both, 41 seconds.

At 1500 rpm.
Lift/lower total 26 seconds. Curl in/out through full range 12 seconds. Total, both, 38 seconds.

Float down was used for the first two readings then for 1500 rpm, power down was faster.
These observations were Warm. Add 3-5 seconds to lift/lower for Cold readings.

Last edited:
   / Yanmar verses Kubota #23  
Blimey, i never thought my loader was particularly quick, but after timing it at the weekend and comparing times, im not sure how you all use yours.

So first test @ 1000rpm
Up 7 seconds
Power Down 5 seconds
Total 12 seconds
Curl in and out 11 seconds

Second test @ 1700rpm
Up 5 seconds
Power down 4 seconds
Total 9 seconds
Curl in and out 9 seconds.

Think thats what i remember, as i didnt write it down when i did it.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #24  
Blimey, i never thought my loader was particularly quick, but after timing it at the weekend and comparing times, im not sure how you all use yours.

So first test @ 1000rpm
Up 7 seconds
Power Down 5 seconds
Total 12 seconds
Curl in and out 11 seconds

Second test @ 1700rpm
Up 5 seconds
Power down 4 seconds
Total 9 seconds
Curl in and out 9 seconds.

Think thats what i remember, as i didnt write it down when i did it.

So your tractor idels @ 1000 rpm's :confused: I must say though 5 seconds up 4 seconds down, is quite fast, You might just have another purpose for your FEL, ever watch the show call Punkin Chunkin?:D

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #25  
i like that they are 3 cylinder loader... but i will take ym2000 ym1300 ym1401 ym1610 all for the same as what one of new tractors cost.......and i can still work on it.all 4 of the yanmar will start with no glow plugs...the 10 are so kubota in my yard will not start with out glow plugs

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #26  
Wow some impressive times on that f18 most of us could have a hard time going back to ym series!

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #27  
Nice to see no one got their back up on this one, can't really as it is fair. Anyone know how the whole Cub Cadet/Yanmar equation is working out? When I drive past the local CC dealer I see the same tractors that have been there for almost 2 years now. I have yet to see a fully badged Yanmar anywhere. Guess I will have to go looking.....;)

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #28  
I get the impression you either know Yanmar and respect their quality, or you don't know them. People in my area are more likely to know Yanmar as a boat engine manufacturer rather then a tractor maker. That said, there are at least two new Yanmars in my neighborhood. I accidentally stumbled onto the brand and the other owner came from India and knows how tough the older Yanmar tractors perform over there. I think Yanmar could step up its marketing, but there's some onus on the dealers on getting out there and selling them. That said, I did see a dealer toting Yanmar tractors this past fall at New England's second largest fair (Fryeburg, Me) so that's an improvement over yesteryear and every little bit helps.

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #29  
Nice to see no one got their back up on this one, can't really as it is fair. Anyone know how the whole Cub Cadet/Yanmar equation is working out? When I drive past the local CC dealer I see the same tractors that have been there for almost 2 years now. I have yet to see a fully badged Yanmar anywhere. Guess I will have to go looking.....;)

I see them here in ohio

/ Yanmar verses Kubota #30  
One observation, the leftover CC/Yanmar branded LX models are all likely to have Shuttle Shift transmissions and produced through 2011. The HST LXs started coming out in early 2012, after the CC/Yanmar split, so those should be Yanmar branded only. I don't know if the 2012 and up HSTs are garnering more demand, but that could be one reason you're not seeing the Yanmar branded tractors sitting out on the dealer lots.