YanMar vs Iseki

/ YanMar vs Iseki #11  
It didn't take me long during my last tractor search to figure out (in my mind at least) that the BX models are basically just a lawn tractor on steroids. Low ground clearance, they're not that heavy (less traction when you need it) and you're restricted in implement choice

If that's what you're looking for, go for it, but if you want a tractor to do some real farm type work, look upward or elsewhere

/ YanMar vs Iseki #12  
I have heard bad stories trying to get support/information on either, not saying they are bad tractors. Both have typical Japanese quality.

I had a JD 770, a Yanmar, excellent tractor, with parts/service available.

/ YanMar vs Iseki #13  
Hello;
I am looking between a YM 135d and the Kubota BX23. Any thoughts on which is better...
Thanks,
Skip

I would post your own thread where you are comparing these tractors insead of piggy backing on a totally unrelated zombie thread.

California sums it up well. But is the 135 in the same class as the bx23? i would think the 23 would compare more to a 1500 or 186 size tracor or even 1700 or 2000. dont they have 20-24HP? or is the 23 a 23hp or 20 hp?

/ YanMar vs Iseki #14  
I have heard bad stories trying to get support/information on either, not saying they are bad tractors. Both have typical Japanese quality.

I had a JD 770, a Yanmar, excellent tractor, with parts/service available.
Bad support on a kuboda bx23??? Thats a tractor made in the last decade by probably the largest and most popular brand or scut out there?

Yanmar certain parts can be more unobtainible, like gears and axles or housings for example???? But most people do not get into repairs that are that involved, but anything else is availible from Hoye but just has to be mailordered.

As to a previous poster saying there glorified lawn mowers i would agree more on that level for deep field work and bushhogging where youwant to be over the grass height in a field but there not that light i was thinking when i looked at the BX specs a while back and the similar baby JDs they were close to or heavier in weight of my YM2000 tractor that is significatly taller than them.

/ YanMar vs Iseki #15  
Never had an Iseki or Yanmar, but the motor on my JD 950 is a 34 year old Yanmar. Never had a wrench on it other than filters and fan belts etc.
I would have no hesitation pulling the trigger on a used Yanmar if it was a good deal.

/ YanMar vs Iseki #16  
Everyone here in the Yanmar forum will tell you based on personal experience that Yanmar's quality is excellent.

Because YM135D is a US model, its unlikely that a used one has had the bogus 'lipstick on a pig' reconditioning sometimes seen on tractors imported after a first lifetime in Asia. (and often misrepresented as low hours, new, or under 10 years old). That bogus reconditioning is about the only thing to be wary of, on a 35 year old Yanmar.

You might start a new thread inquiring in the Kubota forum, then decide if it is cost effective to consider a BX at what I expect will be far higher price for similar capability.

Anybody know what is the Japan-market Yanmar model same as this US YM135D?

/ YanMar vs Iseki #17  
Slightly off the main topic, but the BX has standard CAT 1 hitch dimensions. Maybe the earliest had CAT 0.

Bruce

/ YanMar vs Iseki #18  
Does the BX lift high enough for standard implements? I thought that was something that limited what could be used on this model.

I've seen BX's often on urban construction sites (homes, apartment complexes, etc). They seem ideal in that application. In particular the Hydrostatic transmission and power steering are great for zooming around here and there.

Long ago (70's) I rented a tiny 4x4 Kubota small enough to go through the garden gate, for a backyard renovation project. It worked great. Then next weekend all they had was a similar 2x4 Yanmar, probably a YM135 - and while they were very similar I preferred the Yanmar. It just seemed more natural to operate, so slightly more productive. (both had geared transmissions & no P/S).

/ YanMar vs Iseki #19  
Implements won't lift as high as a larger tractor, but they will work OK. If I level the frame on my rear blade so I can change angles while keeping the blade level, the blade will only lift about a foot and a half. When I need more lift, I can shorten the top link and get several more feet up, but the frame isn't level then.

Bruce

/ YanMar vs Iseki #20  
Implements won't lift as high as a larger tractor, but they will work OK. ....
That sounds entirely usable, then.

My Ym186D is about the same size as the YM135D we're discussing here but fatter tires etc. Implement lift is a little limited on a tractor this small, but just something to note, not a limitation in the work you can do. Photo - rototiller lifted. This Yanmar tiller was intended for the larger YM2000/YM240.