YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle
WOW. o_O

IS there a way to mount the wheel on and make it a 2WD till you get the 4WD parts?
Well I haven’t even thought about that.. going to try that!

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #12  
Thanks that’s the most info I’ve got !!! Thanks

On our site, we have dealt with this kingpin and 4WD knuckle problem a few times. Unless you find a salvage yard of YANMARS, your out of luck. However, Yanmar made/makes machines for John Deere.

The YM Series is = to the John Deere compact 50 Series. Thr trick is knowing who has a cross reference to the parts manuals.

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #13  
Well I haven’t even thought about that.. going to try that!

You would have to do both sides. ;) Else you'll end up with a 3WD machine. and it would only go in circles. :ROFLMAO:

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #14  
Both do. :)

YM2210(D) and YM2220(D) along with YM2202(D) that is more rare.

The YM2210 is a very oddball machine. It's a 2-cly ! And it has the very RARE 2T90 engine. Not many were made. It's somewhat related to the JD650 with the 2T80 engine. Some parts do swap, but not all. And the JD950 with the 3T90 engine can use the pistons and rings. Thus between the 2 Deere Yanmar engines, a 2T90 can be mixed and rebuilt.
I see a lot of 2210s on this site and for sale. Didn't realize they were not as common a model

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #15  
This tractor only has 100 hours on it... sat for years... starts right up!!!! Wish I could just find someone with the whole assembly... together and buy it from them.
Ummm, that I'm pretty sure has a three digit hour meter. That could be 1100 2100, or turned back when it was "reconditioned" it was turned back. That tractor is 40ish years old I doubt it really has only 100 hours.

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #17  
I see a lot of 2210s on this site and for sale. Didn't realize they were not as common a model

You'll see them come to this site and others because being rare, they have no other place to go to find info.

The YM models with the 3T84 and the 3T80 Gray or US/UK domestic have the most robust and parts interchangeability vs the other engines in the YM series.

The cheat sheet of, YANMAR-MODEL-LISTING.xls was originally made some 35+ years ago as the grays came over. It's been kept up over the years on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group site. I'm now the 3rd caretaker of it. The list is one of the most valuable assets of the community other than the FREE manuals. ;)

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #18  
OK, dug around and learned that a 4WD kingpin assembly on a YM240 is a match for a JD755.

Then we referred our member to get parts from:

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@...
On-Line Shopping - https://www.japanesetractorparts.com
Japanese and Domestic Tractor Parts for many makes and model brands

Len and his crew know the YM and the JD series well enough to help out.

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #19  
The YM2210 is a very oddball machine. It's a 2-cly ! And it has the very RARE 2T90 engine. Not many were made. It's somewhat related to the JD650 with the 2T80 engine. Some parts do swap, but not all. And the JD950 with the 3T90 engine can use the pistons and rings. Thus between the 2 Deere Yanmar engines, a 2T90 can be mixed and rebuilt.
Add the 2TR20A-X (maybe without the suffix) to that family, its the YM2000 engine. I think same displacement as YM2210, and I think sleeves, pistons lots of stuff are interchangeable. The entire engines can be swapped and will bolt up. I've always wondered if YM2210 was pretty much the same engine but rated 2 additional hp after Yanmar learned they could rate that engine at a higher rpm (and likely different injector profile) and it would still be as reliable. But check all this, before relying on it!

/ YM 2210D front axle arm and top knuckle #20  
I am supposing bmavericks comment about 3 wheel drive was a joke. At least he put a winking mojie on it. The oppisite wheel won't pull anything if gears are missing in bad side.