YM1610D leaking

/ YM1610D leaking #1  

Johnny Buck

Tractor
Ford 4000 and YM1610D
I bought an old YM1610 with a bush-hog loader. There is leakage on the left side of the rear end, and other places. There is a yellow plastic dipstick which says oil, and something in a foreign language. I'm not sure if gear oil, or hydraulic oil is supposed to go in there. There is nothing showing on the dipstick. I can't read much of any of the graphics which tell what is what. There is much I need to learn.

/ YM1610D leaking #2  
I bought an old YM1610 with a bush-hog loader. There is leakage on the left side of the rear end, and other places. There is a yellow plastic dipstick which says oil, and something in a foreign language. I'm not sure if gear oil, or hydraulic oil is supposed to go in there. There is nothing showing on the dipstick. I can't read much of any of the graphics which tell what is what. There is much I need to learn.

Welcome to being a new Yanmar owner here on TBN.

Over on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, link in my signature below, you can get a FREE manual for the YM1610. No strings and FREE membership. Also FREE access to the parts support network for the Yanmar Gray Market machines. 35+ years of knowledge and community support too.

The site is a listserv, sort of works like a message forum, but TBN as a full forum works nicely here. TBN has other Yanmar members too with helps as well. Between the two, you should be covered going on your new adventure with the YM1610.

/ YM1610D leaking #3  
Welcome to being a new Yanmar owner here on TBN.

Over on the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group, link in my signature below, you can get a FREE manual for the YM1610. No strings and FREE membership. Also FREE access to the parts support network for the Yanmar Gray Market machines. 35+ years of knowledge and community support too.

The site is a listserv, sort of works like a message forum, but TBN as a full forum works nicely here. TBN has other Yanmar members too with helps as well. Between the two, you should be covered going on your new adventure with the YM1610.
bmaverick replied to your post and that is someone you would do well to listen to, so to speak. Lotsa good, reliable advice and information. As a new owner of a 40 year old grey market Yanmar YM2310, my first diesel and my first Japanese tractor, I posted here for advice and bmaverick supplied all sorts of good info and links. I really appreciate this. bmaverick is a great resource. And no, I do not in any way benefit from my comments about bmaverick. Except for that warm and fuzzy feeling I get from passing along good information to another old Yanmar owner.
I'm sure you will enjoy your new to you old grey market tractor. When I bought mine last summer (2021) I knew nothing about these machines except that, after a little research before I bought it, that 2500 bucks for a good running YM2310 with a front end loader was a great deal where I live. And it truly is a great little machine that apparently is not unusual.
Keep posting your questions here. There is a lot of good advice and information available here . Free. And not just about your particular tractor but also all sorts of tractor related stuff. Implements for example. How to use them. What size for your tractor. And so on. You should check out the whole site.
Oh, by the way, welcome to TBN!
Cheers,
Eric

/ YM1610D leaking
Thanks bmaverick, I joined the group. So far, I have not figured out how to get an operators manual for the 1610d.

/ YM1610D leaking
bmaverick replied to your post and that is someone you would do well to listen to, so to speak. Lotsa good, reliable advice and information. As a new owner of a 40 year old grey market Yanmar YM2310, my first diesel and my first Japanese tractor, I posted here for advice and bmaverick supplied all sorts of good info and links. I really appreciate this. bmaverick is a great resource. And no, I do not in any way benefit from my comments about bmaverick. Except for that warm and fuzzy feeling I get from passing along good information to another old Yanmar owner.
I'm sure you will enjoy your new to you old grey market tractor. When I bought mine last summer (2021) I knew nothing about these machines except that, after a little research before I bought it, that 2500 bucks for a good running YM2310 with a front end loader was a great deal where I live. And it truly is a great little machine that apparently is not unusual.
Keep posting your questions here. There is a lot of good advice and information available here . Free. And not just about your particular tractor but also all sorts of tractor related stuff. Implements for example. How to use them. What size for your tractor. And so on. You should check out the whole site.
Oh, by the way, welcome to TBN!
Cheers,
Eric

/ YM1610D leaking
Thanks, Eric. These little tractors are fun and I look forward to getting the 40+ year old YM1610D back in operation. I'm trying to find a manual and the basic layout of the machine. The loader is a Bush-Hog brand with what looks like a 4' bucket. It may be an aftermarket item.

/ YM1610D leaking #8  
Looks like this did come from Fredricks. Had it at some time but I can't retrieve the file. I'll send it if I can. Loader for it Etc.. Fred. is Yanmar basically In Al. Great folks. Not a BH. loader Koyker

Attachments

• 1610 Man..jpg
    1610 Man..jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
   / YM1610D leaking #10  
Have the 169 Manuel. Both 3Cyl. 16HP.. Trans. are different but the Motor basic's are about the same and other things. Good info Cheap!!! until you get with Fred.......... This file is huge and to big for TBN.. If you want it let me know and I'll email it. I'll try and resize it so TBN. will even let me send it to you personal Message.

Last edited: