YM2310 starting issue?

/ YM2310 starting issue?
Though I have not yet removed my thermostart device I don't think it looks like all the ones I see available. Mine appears longer, but only on the outside. It must be the hose to the thing that is making it look longer. In any case I will order one tonight and when I install it I will once again peer down into the intake manifold to see it operate. And to hear it too. There is some carbon inside the intake manifold. Not copious amounts though. I figure this must be left over from previous uses of the thermostart. I suppose that any blackening of the inside of the intake manifold would remain forever, or until someone takes off the manifold and washes it out. The thermostart not working is no big deal for now, I'll just use starting fluid. Not really, I just wanted to get the reader's heart rate up.
Cheers,
Eric

/ YM2310 starting issue? #22  
Hey I resemble that remark (or something like that) :D . The Hitachi SH100-02 part # specified in your document, is visible on that dead Thermostart from my YM240 resting on the Perkins box in my photo. Maybe it was original from 1980!

And the Pop and Burn photos? My YM240! I posted them here long ago and told Aaron he could use those in his Thermostart description. I recognize my 'Installed 11-0?' and '3?? hours' written on the air filter element. Ok, end of personal rant. Well until someone asks my opinion on something. :whistle:

Nice camera work of showing it in action. :)

That Hitachi p/n no longer turns up anymore as the company was sold off and is now called Fiat-Hitachi Industrial Engine Parts. Wonder if I can get a Chrysler discount under the new p/n. ;)

BTW, both pages are from John Deere and Yanmar manuals. Really no difference. Good write ups in English.

/ YM2310 starting issue? #24  
If you haven't already, might consider checking voltage at element before ordering new one.

/ YM2310 starting issue? #25  
I may have to use the Thermo a couple times a Yr. and sometimes not at all also. My bowl was missing when I bought it. NTM. going through the cold start checking the volts etc.. No power? Wire to the key was gone. Replace it and never had a problem since. I'm not big on the fuel bowl setup never cared for it so I leave it off. When I do need to this all I do. Nothing to it... Then remove it if or when I want to.

Attachments

• Picture 090 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    Picture 090 (1920 x 1440).jpg
    455 KB · Views: 105

/ YM2310 starting issue? #27  
"I did. As mentioned previously there is power and fuel to the thermostart.
Eric"

My bad, wasn't paying attention.

/ YM2310 starting issue? #28  
If you don't have the intake heater try these
companies Appox $20

willy