YM240D 3-pt

/ YM240D 3-pt #1  

emdog

Here's the umpteenth 3-pt question: I decided to connect my ARPS 80 backhoe, has its own hydro pump, to my 240D with ~100lbs diff in spec'd weights; The 80 is less than the 240D's limit, but it simply won't lift it. I've had a 6' brush hog on and it lifts it. Checked/cleaned the screen and changed the fluid, nada, and it just deadheads but no cavitation sounds. Taking off the bucket is -100lb. I know that my front loader bucket will slowly leak down even when running, and the whole loader will leak down when off for x hrs. Part of the problem, asking too much of the 240, or can the lift limit be adjusted?
Thx

/ YM240D 3-pt #2  
I think you have a problem with your hydraulics. The 240 is rated at 1430 lift lbs. If I read correctly the ARPS backhoe weighs in at a little less than 800 lbs. Granted, the backhoe is still extended way out past the pins, however, take a look at California's. He seems to have no trouble. Old Yanmar vs what I have now?

/ YM240D 3-pt #3  
Here's the umpteenth 3-pt question: I decided to connect my ARPS 80 backhoe, has its own hydro pump, to my 240D with ~100lbs diff in spec'd weights; The 80 is less than the 240D's limit, but it simply won't lift it. I've had a 6' brush hog on and it lifts it. Checked/cleaned the screen and changed the fluid, nada, and it just deadheads but no cavitation sounds. Taking off the bucket is -100lb. I know that my front loader bucket will slowly leak down even when running, and the whole loader will leak down when off for x hrs. Part of the problem, asking too much of the 240, or can the lift limit be adjusted?
Thx
Have you put a pressure gauge on your system? From what you wrote, your system performance is far enough out that you have a problem somewhere.

My guess is that either your pressure relief valve/poppet needs adjusting/replacing, or may just have a bit of crud / debris that is cracking it open all the time. If your FEL valve is plumbed with a power beyond, I would check the loader valves and relief for debris first.

All the best,

Peter

/ YM240D 3-pt #4  
The relief sounds like the problem. Here's the valve and pin to the lift. The handle regulates the height. The further it's pushed in the Higher the 3Pt..
The spring keep tension to the lift pin. from the 3Pt adjusting handle.
I use a Old International BH. that weighs so much that when I had it on the YM2000 it would literally lift the front wheels. Moving on the driveway I have to keep it low and keep the rear wheels on the ground. 800lbs would be a good guess of the actual weight.
My power steering Asst. on the 63 F-2000. Offsets the loader and it does work. It's pretty brutal!! Was able to look up the FM I use and I don't have weight problems with it. JD> 1060 manual has it at 611lbs.. Need blades for it Agra Supply! excellent serv.. Found the Reciept Brain where I replaced them last time!!

Attachments

• 002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 1701703823079.jpeg
    1701703823079.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195

Last edited:
   / YM240D 3-pt
I think you have a problem with your hydraulics. The 240 is rated at 1430 lift lbs. If I read correctly the ARPS backhoe weighs in at a little less than 800 lbs. Granted, the backhoe is still extended way out past the pins, however, take a look at California's. He seems to have no trouble. Old Yanmar vs what I have now?
Thx. I'll look

/ YM240D 3-pt
Have you put a pressure gauge on your system? From what you wrote, your system performance is far enough out that you have a problem somewhere.

My guess is that either your pressure relief valve/poppet needs adjusting/replacing, or may just have a bit of crud / debris that is cracking it open all the time. If your FEL valve is plumbed with a power beyond, I would check the loader valves and relief for debris first.

All the best,

Peter
No, I don't have a pressure gauge rig that's high enough. I checked the pressure outlet A, and it's clean & clear.
I'm tempted to remove the valve to disassemble & inspect o-rings etc
Thx

/ YM240D 3-pt #7  
FWIW: My loader valve set (non Yanmar ) was leaking down. I took it apart, couldn't find anything, and put it back together. Others opined it was a tiny bit of something cracking the check valve in the valve. Especially with a power beyond setup, a leak upstream can cause issues across the hydraulic system.

I would try to get the valve "open heart surgery" clean before opening it up, and have some compressed air and carb cleaner ready as you start unscrewing things to get trapped dirt out of the way. It seems like there is always some lurking in the threads. (At least in my experience)

All the best,

Peter

/ YM240D 3-pt #8  
Not much to the control valve. I had mine off cleaned it. Turn it upside down and your see the piston. Done it Yrs, ago. Clemsonfor did a post on doing his YM2000.

/ YM240D 3-pt #9  
... asking too much of the 240 ... ?
I think that's the problem. My ARPS-made backhoe is, I think, the next smaller model from your ARPS 80.

My YM240 can lift its Yanmar YBH600 backhoe (labelled Kubota K-650, identical except paint color, both made by ARPS). But it's straining to lift it. Driving over uneven ground, the relief valve squeals. It feels like lifting the backhoe goes beyond the 3-point rated limit.

I have a pressure gauge before the 3-point plumbing. It shows a little over 2,000 psi when lifting the backhoe so the system seems to be ok.

YM240 lift capacity 24 inches back from the pins, is rated 661 lbs.

But per Yanmar my YBH600 with 10 inch bucket weighs 685 lbs. Add 35 lbs for hydraulic fluid so 720 lbs total. Then consider the CG is likely more than 24 inches beyond the pins.

It's not surprising that my relief valve squeals, and your YM240 can't lift a heavier model hoe.

YBH600-BackhoeDealerPriceList.jpg
Yanmar 3-point Lifting Specs_US models.jpg

Last edited:
   / YM240D 3-pt
FWIW: My loader valve set (non Yanmar ) was leaking down. I took it apart, couldn't find anything, and put it back together. Others opined it was a tiny bit of something cracking the check valve in the valve. Especially with a power beyond setup, a leak upstream can cause issues across the hydraulic system.

I would try to get the valve "open heart surgery" clean before opening it up, and have some compressed air and carb cleaner ready as you start unscrewing things to get trapped dirt out of the way. It seems like there is always some lurking in the threads. (At least in my experience)

All the best,

Peter
Thx.
I took a break from it today and waiting to hear from a supplier about rebuild kits for pump & valve