YM240D 3-pt

/ YM240D 3-pt
Not much to the control valve. I had mine off cleaned it. Turn it upside down and your see the piston. Done it Yrs, ago. Clemsonfor did a post on doing his YM2000.
Thx. The blow up diagram looks straight forward.
I'm also wondering about the pressure adj shim

/ YM240D 3-pt
The relief sounds like the problem. Here's the valve and pin to the lift. The handle regulates the height. The further it's pushed in the Higher the 3Pt..
The spring keep tension to the lift pin. from the 3Pt adjusting handle.
I use a Old International BH. that weighs so much that when I had it on the YM2000 it would literally lift the front wheels. Moving on the driveway I have to keep it low and keep the rear wheels on the ground. 800lbs would be a good guess of the actual weight.
My power steering Asst. on the 63 F-2000. Offsets the loader and it does work. It's pretty brutal!! Was able to look up the FM I use and I don't have weight problems with it. JD> 1060 manual has it at 611lbs.. Need blades for it Agra Supply! excellent serv.. Found the Reciept Brain where I replaced them last time!!

Attachments

• 002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    002 (3) (600 x 450).jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 1701703823079.jpeg
    1701703823079.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
Thx. That looks similar, but I can't make out your reference to the relief pin

/ YM240D 3-pt #13  
On the YM240 they call it the Relief valve. It operaters when the pressure in the Cyl. exceeds the specified pressure it's set for. I knew it may be differen but it's what my 240 Hyd. Serv. Manual shows.

/ YM240D 3-pt
On the YM240 they call it the Relief valve. It operaters when the pressure in the Cyl. exceeds the specified pressure it's set for. I knew it may be differen but it's what my 240 Hyd. Serv. Manual shows.
Thx. I see the relief valve on a piping diagram blowup, and it also points to the ball & spring, and also says 'shim, for pressure adj'
Is there a description of how to access it to check the ball, spring, shim and/or adjust it?

/ YM240D 3-pt #15  
Looking at the cross-section It appears to be spring loaded with no Adj.. So apparently it's factory set. Apparently they rate it by shock weight. Relieves the pressure when a sudden shock hits it. They make a note to take advantage of the relief valve and always leave the stop valve open when driving the Tractor with a implement mounted.

/ YM240D 3-pt
Looking at the cross-section It appears to be spring loaded with no Adj.. So apparently it's factory set. Apparently they rate it by shock weight. Relieves the pressure when a sudden shock hits it. They make a note to take advantage of the relief valve and always leave the stop valve open when driving the Tractor with a implement mounted.
O k, but it says 'pressure adj shim'. Shims available for adjusting?
Which of these two caps would let me check the ball, spring & shim in the event of a worn ball, weak spring?

/ YM240D 3-pt #17  
See paragraph 245.

Attachments

• 2024-03-10-015042.jpg
    2024-03-10-015042.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
   / YM240D 3-pt #18  
Have this on paper but it's so old not on Digital. Printed it when I bought the 2000. Covers all the Hyd. Devices.

Attachments

• Serv. Manual.jpg
    Serv. Manual.jpg
    820.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 240 Hyd..jpg
    240 Hyd..jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
   / YM240D 3-pt #19  
Had to do some digging and use the Mag. glass. Here's the Shim. Adding more to increase the relief valve pressure? IMO the spring does that. Interesting to find out that you can do that. My 2000 lifts more than the tractor can handle but no doubt it's different. Super small so it took me a while on this page.

Attachments

• Hyd Pressure Shim..jpg
    Hyd Pressure Shim..jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23