YM240D 3-pt

/ YM240D 3-pt
I think you would remove shims, to increase the spring pressure against that ball.
Removing seems counter intuitive bec if you add, the spring will be stiffer sooner with more pressure on the ball. No?

/ YM240D 3-pt
I can't check anything until tmrw, but I think you just provided exactly what I've been looking for. The other manuals I've looked at don't have that blow-up or description.
Much thx!
I had to take a quick peek, and that blown-up diagram, even tho it says 240D, but mine doesn't have the same design; There isn't a plug, shaft, spring, shims etc, but there are 2, 24mm 'caps/plugs'. Looking head on at the stop knob, the 24mms are behind the knob at 3&9 o'clock, and I'd guessed them to belong to the stop's function. Too dark to loosen springy things right now 😵‍💫

/ YM240D 3-pt #33  
Removing seems counter intuitive bec if you add, the spring will be stiffer sooner with more pressure on the ball. No?
Depends if the shims go between the end cap and the spring. More shims there will increase the pressure.

But if the shims are washers in the location of the end cap gasket, essentially additional gaskets, then more shims would decrease pressure.

From what others are saying, it sounds like that first case was what Yanmar used.