you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow
Hmmm, Just got my operators manual. I may have a problem. It's a secret right now. I want to see how it plays out before I have to put my "new" plow up for sale. :(

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #12  
Hmmm, Just got my operators manual. I may have a problem. It's a secret right now. I want to see how it plays out before I have to put my "new" plow up for sale. :(
Hmmm......intrigue and suspense on TBN. Now I know how all the kids are feeling before Christmas. It will be nerve racking waiting to find out about the "problem". Please post pics to explain said problem.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow
Hmmm......intrigue and suspense on TBN. Now I know how all the kids are feeling before Christmas. It will be nerve racking waiting to find out about the "problem". Please post pics to explain said problem.

The problem is wheel spacing. I "can" get my rear tires wide enough but I don't "WANT" to set my tires wider. Once I get the plow set up at it's minimum (14") setting, I'll see what if anything I can do. I need a 6 inch wider tire spacing.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #14  
Allen,

I was in Levelland a couple of months ago and am curious what you need this plow for? Seems most guys in your locale would use a large vee ripper and disks for their fields.
Here in Ruidoso I could use rock hammers for some areas.:laughing:

Allen,

I was in Levelland a couple of months ago and am curious what you need this plow for? Seems most guys in your locale would use a large vee ripper and disks for their fields.
Here in Ruidoso I could use rock hammers for some areas.:laughing:

No need whatsoever for this plow. I just like it. I have a farm but it's leased to a real farmer and he grows cotton. The land has drip irrigation on it so no ripping or deep breaking. I have a small part set aside that I have my house and garden on. It's about 4 acres and occasionally, I plow that. I do need the tractor for shredding and keeping the ends of the field clean and I hire out on it for a lot of things. One of those is I plow sometimes for people. The most I've ever plowed is 10 acres. It's fun, I enjoy it and it helps pay for my toys, er, I mean implements. I have lots of things I have no need for. :) Don't you?

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #16  
The problem is wheel spacing. I "can" get my rear tires wide enough but I don't "WANT" to set my tires wider. Once I get the plow set up at it's minimum (14") setting, I'll see what if anything I can do. I need a 6 inch wider tire spacing.
I think I understand, but you can confirm. Your tires need to be wider so the right side plow won't ride too far into the previous furrow, right? Or is it something else I'm not considering?

You are correct but it's both sides. this is a left and right plow. I think I can fix it. I'll have to drill 4 new holes in the frame. Pics in a few of what i have to do

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #18  
You are correct but it's both sides. this is a left and right plow. I think I can fix it. I'll have to drill 4 new holes in the frame. Pics in a few of what i have to do
Oh yeah, both sides. Most of us think in terms of a conventional plow, no flipping.

By the way, what did you do with with the two bottom flipper? I would have liked to have had it. I guess my little 34 HP tractor would have handled it.

plow 004.jpgplow 005.jpg
this shows the plow set up at 18" for a real tractor ;) and you can see that my wheels aren't far enough apart. the picture of the adjustment holes shows the holes where you would move the bottoms for a 16 or a 14 inch plow. I am going to put the bottoms inside teh 14 inch holes and drill new holes. Kinda hard to explain but it put the bottoms in the same place in relation to the center of the plow frame as my ford and the ford works perfectly I have a lot of work to do. every freaking bolt and nut might as well be welded together the rust is so strong. :(
When I do this the front pair of bottoms will move toward the center of the plow 8 inches, the middle pair will move 4 inches and the rears will stay where they are and I will then have a 3 bottom 14 inch rollover that will fit my tractor.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #20  
View attachment 293857View attachment 293858
this shows the plow set up at 18" for a real tractor ;) and you can see that my wheels aren't far enough apart. the picture of the adjustment holes shows the holes where you would move the bottoms for a 16 or a 14 inch plow. I am going to put the bottoms inside teh 14 inch holes and drill new holes. Kinda hard to explain but it put the bottoms in the same place in relation to the center of the plow frame as my ford and the ford works perfectly I have a lot of work to do. every freaking bolt and nut might as well be welded together the rust is so strong. :(
When I do this the front pair of bottoms will move toward the center of the plow 8 inches, the middle pair will move 4 inches and the rears will stay where they are and I will then have a 3 bottom 14 inch rollover that will fit my tractor.
Interesting project. Keep the pics coming. I'm hoping to following this until some actual plowing occurs.