you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow
I still have the ford. I pulled it with a 3240 and it worked fine. That is the plow in my avatar and my signature behind the 3240. Haven't decided to sell it yet but... :D

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #22  
How are you coming? What did you decide on your wheel spacing?

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow
How are you coming? What did you decide on your wheel spacing?
Reyer Farms I've resolved the wheel spacing issue. It worked out very well by simply drilling 4 new hols in the frame and locating the front and middle bottoms closer to the center of the plow. I have another thread here about that a little plowing I've done just testing it out. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/266936-lttle-dab-what-i-plowed.html
I still have adjustments to make and I really need to replace some wear parts, especially the landslides. When I plow and turn dirt to the right the plow will follow the tractor perfectly but when I turn dirt to the left, I have to keep steering into the furrow wall because the plow is trying to pull the tractor off track. The landslides are extremely worn and i discovered that the left one is actually bent. It's coming along.
I've located all of the parts, moldboard, shares, shins and landslides to make this a true 14 inch plow and not just 16 inch bottoms on 14 inch spacing. The left moldboards were difficult to find but now all it takes is time and money. It's still a work in progress but it's gonna work out. A little project for this weekend is to install the 642 lbs of cast weight on the rear wheels. wanna help?

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #24  
Sounds like your in the short rows now! Hey man, I been needing to come to Texas to look at some cows anyway!! But I gonna have to wait till I make a few more dollars. I would love to see it turning for sure!

:laughing:Well now, I heard a lot of excuses for not wanting to pick up something heavy but being short of money has never been one of them. :rolleyes::D

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #26  
:) they call me Blisters:) I show up after the work is done!!! Hey, when we were planting strawberries I posted on Facebook peanut butter sandwiches and water would be provided for all volunteers. They came!! Glad we had peanut butter.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #27  
Ok at the risk of seeming stupid whats a "landslides" anyways? I was having trouble the last time I used the two bottom pulling the tractor and I just thought I didn't have it adjusted right, but nothing I did helped and I have been plowing for a long time.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #28  
Fortunately for you landslides are the easiest wear parts on a plow to fabricate yourself so you can get back plowing before you do your complete rebuild. I bought an old Ferguson plow with throng landslide being the only worn part, built a new one and thought I was in good shape. Then I hit a rock where there wasn't supposed to be any rocks and broke one of the cast iron shares. Haven't been able to find a replacement so the plow is now in my rust antique farm equipment display.

Ok at the risk of seeming stupid whats a "landslides" anyways? I was having trouble the last time I used the two bottom pulling the tractor and I just thought I didn't have it adjusted right, but nothing I did helped and I have been plowing for a long time.

Guesseral,
a landslide it the part of the plow that runs in the furrow behind the bottom. It presses against the furrow wall and counteracts the plows tendency to push sideways.
New Frontier Tillage | New Plows The green bar at the bottom of this plow is a landslide.
Some plows have a rolling landslide that is simply a metal wheel that runs in the furrow instead of a slab of steel but it serves the same purpose.
The landslide on some plows, both of mine in this case, are adjustable and alter the way the plow tracks behind the tractor and is used also to some degree to vary the width of cut of the front bottom. If the plow is pulling the tractor sideways then there is indeed something not adjusted correctly or like in my case one of my landslides is bent and worn out. A plow, when properly set up will trail straight behind the tractor.
it is also easy (easier?) to plow a straight furrow when the plow is trailing properly. note my avatar photo.

MHarryE,
I built the landslides for my Ford. Unfortunately I think that someone in the past built landslides for this Oliver. The Oliver landslides aren't simply a flat slab of steel. They have an offset and a wear pad along with a heel. I could probably make them but they wouldn't look "factory". Still debating on what to do.

/ you guys like pics? here are pictures of my new (old) oliver 3 bottom rollover plow #30  
Guesseral,
a landslide it the part of the plow that runs in the furrow behind the bottom. It presses against the furrow wall and counteracts the plows tendency to push sideways.
New Frontier Tillage | New Plows The green bar at the bottom of this plow is a landslide.
Some plows have a rolling landslide that is simply a metal wheel that runs in the furrow instead of a slab of steel but it serves the same purpose.
The landslide on some plows, both of mine in this case, are adjustable and alter the way the plow tracks behind the tractor and is used also to some degree to vary the width of cut of the front bottom. If the plow is pulling the tractor sideways then there is indeed something not adjusted correctly or like in my case one of my landslides is bent and worn out. A plow, when properly set up will trail straight behind the tractor.
it is also easy (easier?) to plow a straight furrow when the plow is trailing properly. note my avatar photo.

MHarryE,
I built the landslides for my Ford. Unfortunately I think that someone in the past built landslides for this Oliver. The Oliver landslides aren't simply a flat slab of steel. They have an offset and a wear pad along with a heel. I could probably make them but they wouldn't look "factory". Still debating on what to do.

After reading and looking on the net I figured out what they were, 22 years farming with dad and never knew that something like this could be a problem! I bet they are really worn out but I never looked because I (we) just didn't know any better, and yea we never really did plow real straight!