You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,741  
When we sold tires at the shop.only the whitewall tires arrived wrapped.

Blackwall tires never wrapped.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,742  
It wasn't to many years ago that whitewalls were blue til washed off.

My '11 F150 still has Goodyear white lettering but the new 150's seem to be all black.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,743  
Remember the Uniroyal Tiger Paw tire commercials?

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,744  
This is what I first learned to drive.
2024_03_29_21.58.10.jpg

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,745  
When you see just about all your high school friends are retired and some for 10 years.

It certainly puts a prospective on things.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,747  
When your Medigap Supplemental has been closed to new retired for a long time... thinking of plan J

And now the most popular plan F is closed to those eligible Jan 2020 and later...

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,748  
I'd get the weight off the tires, put a heavy dose of sea foam in the fuel tank. Possibly invest in a cover even if indoors, and dryer sheets in the interior floor in several spots.
Agree with the Stabil/Seafoam in the tank, but I'd think twice about a cover. I have an antique car I put in storage for the winter and covering it or even putting it a closed-up shelter makes it a major mouse magnet. Now it's kept in a portable shelter that's open on both ends, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as attractive to them, yet is still out of the weather. Never found that dryer sheets worked worth beans.
Easy enough to wash off any dust that settles on it in storage.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,749  
I have a cousin that lived in the D.C. area and the Lakeland, FL area. She'd put her car on the auto train several times a year because she didn't like that long of a drive.
I enjoy driving, but I-95 is a really boring drive, makes a trip seem longer than it actually is.
Or, they said “filler up with Ethyl”!
I remember old timers using that term. Don't ever recall anyone asking for a certain # of gallons...always $ worth.

/ You Know You Are Old When #1,750  
First car I drove was my mom's VW bus 4 speed on the floor.
Second car I drove was my dad's 70 Nova 3 on the tree. I had that car into the 80s. Still have the engine and the hood. :ROFLMAO:
When they started putting in padded dash tops in the late 60s they'd overhang a couple inches. If you weren't careful your knuckles would hit the dash pad going into 2nd and sometimes prevent it from going into gear. Not sure how it was with GM cars, but was a PITA on Mopars.

I taught my sisters how to drive manual on my mother's Saab with 4 in the tree. Had to be careful not to bump the wiper lever when you'd shift, especially for those of us with large hands.
Anyone remember the free wheeling on those cars? Hard to describe to someone who's never driven with it, but if it was engaged it would essentially put the car in neutral and let it coast if you let off on the gas. I suppose it saved a little gas, but you had no engine braking.