You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #351  
I never knew it, but he was married 3 times

I always assumed…..

/ You Know You Are Old When #353  
He and the piano player, Liberace

If you never watched ED Sullivan then you probably have no idea.

/ You Know You Are Old When #354  
I'm 99% sure I remember him getting married to miss Vickie on Johnny Carson.
Strange guy.
You remember right. To Miss Vickie (sp) and she looked too young and had that deer in the headlight look. I think she had a wedding gown on.

Whatever happened to her? Must be a story to that.

/ You Know You Are Old When #355  
The Bee Gees were cool before disco, disco ruined them
That sir, is actually a perfect way of explaining it, at least for myself. It actually makes sense. People tend to forget they were out before the mid 70's. Rap and Disco are the two genres I really can't get into. I had a love hate relationship with the Bee Gees LOL

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When
You remember right. To Miss Vickie (sp) and she looked too young and had that deer in the headlight look. I think she had a wedding gown on.

Whatever happened to her? Must be a story to that.

All I know is she was 17 when they got married and they divorced after only 5 years of marriage.

Had 2 kids but one died at birth.

/ You Know You Are Old When #358  
I thought I remember seeing Liberace on Larwence Welk?
Lawrence Welk 😄. My grandparents loved that show. It came on (reruns?) weeknights from 7:30 -8:00, which signaled bedtime for them.

/ You Know You Are Old When #359  
Lawrence Welk 😄. My grandparents loved that show. It came on (reruns?) weeknights from 7:30 -8:00, which signaled bedtime for them.
Lawrence Welk was tough to watch as a kid. I especially remember the polka music, that Welk loved, and he really had fun with that. Someday I'll find a clip.

The original show was Saturday night, I think at 7:00pm and old folks planned their day to get ready for it.