You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,131  
I can remember when we used the flap on the
book matches to set the points cars/trucks and
lawn mowers

willy
A book of matches, a ten spot and a drop of Hi-Test!

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,132  
I recall when the coming Ice age was the real deal

Now we are concerned about seconds

1713237174803.png

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,133  
I'm still running WIN7, and have had to help so many friends with trying to get rid of all the spyware and bloatware in WIN10 and WIN11, I will migrate to a distro of Linux before I install them on one of my machines.
I have a drive in my computer that I regularly image my C: drive to, just in case I have a failure or a crash.
Actually, I liked WIN XP after they got the bugs worked out of it. Smaller memory footprint and not so much of a resource hog. They just keep adding more features that no one needs or wants, but it keeps the programmers making big bucks.
Win 7 was MS's Swan Song. Yet still, I could crack admin passwords in about 8 minutes. :)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,134  
I was 9yo, but somehow this hit a memory spot.

1713241095849.png

Blame it on TV I suppose. ABC , NBC, or CBS. channel 4 6 or 11, it had to one of them ;-)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,135  
I was 9yo, but somehow this hit a memory spot.

View attachment 862656

Blame it on TV I suppose. ABC , NBC, or CBS. channel 4 6 or 11, it had to one of them ;-)
I've gotten old enough to understand that generally when a politician makes a speech worth remembering (in a good way LOL), generally someone else wrote it for him ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,136  
We don’t offer Apple Pay at the tennis club.
Last year on vacation in California, I remember some place only accepting Apple Pay or some other payment via your phone (couldn't believe someone wouldn't take cash or a credit card).

Our 18 year old son had to use his phone to buy it LOL

Worst I got with technology was pay pal, gave them up due to their "rules" on what you could and could not buy using their services.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,137  
I was happy win win98 and the programs I had and it was simple.

Every time I open the win10 after a few weeks it slows to a crawl as it goes through all the updates.

At work the it’s always 5 minutes each morning from turn on to ready to use and then good for the day.
Friends of mine tried for years to get me over to Apple but I resisted, mostly because of inertia. Finally I bought an Apple and just love it. Why didn't I do this sooner? Like from day one?

My Windows stuff took forever and with constant updates and silly things became counter-productive to even using it as a computer. And I had Norton Security to block all the garbage and intrusions.

I got a MacBookPro at Costco and may I suggest to others to take a look?

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,138  
I was happy win win98 and the programs I had and it was simple.

Every time I open the win10 after a few weeks it slows to a crawl as it goes through all the updates.

At work the it’s always 5 minutes each morning from turn on to ready to use and then good for the day.
Why is it ever turned off?
At my old job, we'd force updates and maintenance down to PCs at off-times. They were set to go to sleep to save energy, but we'd wake them up remotely to do the maint.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,139  
I recall when the coming Ice age was the real deal

Now we are concerned about seconds

View attachment 862652
Wouldn't a redistribution of mass from the poles to the equator cause the earth to slow down, not speed up? I'm not a physicist, but I did do well enough in high school and basic college physics to remember that the speed of rotation is proportional to moment, and moment is proportional to radius of mass.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,140  
Admittedly, I was only a kid when this was the cast, but I'm having trouble with the pair between Carol Kane and Bill Murray. Is it a young Dan Akroyd and Laraine Newman... or Gilda Radnor? The rest are pretty obvious.

I think Murray replaced Chevy Chase, so this is not the original cast, but close to it.
Left to right... pardon me if I spelled them incorrectly.

Garret Morris
Jane Curtain
John Belushi
Lorraine Newman
Dan Akroid
Gilda Radnor
Bill Murray