the serving pieces, a marbel table 8 chairs and a
china hutch. Wife sold the works people were afraid
to eat from the plates or they would break the crystal
glasses or plates etc. Besides the hutch was 8 foot
long and table was 6 ft and one solid piece she said
it takes up too much room

willy
My mother had all that.
Good dishes that never got used but for Christmas, New Years and maybe another time during the year.
Glorified dust collectors.
Huge hutch to.
Got rid of it too.
Kept the silver as it is solid silver.
It hasn't seen the light of day in years.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,183  
I'm still using Corelle dishes I bought in the mid 70s, and they still look brand new. Never have broken one either.
Our old power washer dishwasher ate the edges of our Corelle dishes. 🫤 We still see our pattern in 2nd had stores.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,184  
Ours was the wildflower pattern.

IMG_3937.jpeg

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,186  
Seeing all those plates - I guess you are old if you remember sitting down as a family EVERY NIGHT for dinner. Same time, same place.

Not so much anymore it seems.

We weren’t allowed to even bring anything resembling food into the living room when I was growing up. Nowadays, the living room is the defacto dining room.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,187  
Back in the 60’s,Piggly Wiggly gave out individual pieces of flatware with grocery purchases.My mom collected them and accumulated about a serving of 12 including all the serving pieces and a beautiful solid wood storage box. I inherited the and still use them daily.
My dad had a similar flatware promo in his drugstore in the 60s or early 70s. I‘ve still got a tremendous assortment.

I recall the Loony Tunes glasses coming filled with jelly. We didn’t have but a few as my mom made her own jelly. Wild grapes & blackberry. 😋

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,188  
Seeing all those plates - I guess you are old if you remember sitting down as a family EVERY NIGHT for dinner. Same time, same place.

Not so much anymore it seems.
We always ate dinner at the dining room table. Now that the kids are out of the house, my wife and I eat together in the living room, or still at the table if it's got gravy! :ROFLMAO:

When the kids come home, we still eat dinner at the table.

Only exception is pizza. Gotta eat pizza in the living room while watching bad movies. ;)

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,190  
Our old power washer dishwasher ate the edges of our Corelle dishes. 🫤 We still see our pattern in 2nd had stores.
After the wife and kids left, and it was only me eating at home most of the time, and the dishwasher broke, I have washed everything by hand.