You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really?

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #431  
Might be easier to just buy a new front axle.

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #432  
Exactly my point, again, I'm attempting to help explain in yet another way that might help others understand. You are only addressing the second lever while others were trying to add the first lever to the calculation. That's why I pointed out that there were 2 different levers AND described where they were and the effects each were responsible for.
I'm on your side. Honest! ☺

Oh, I gotcha now.

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #433  
we dont know the wheelbase

Of course. Sorry. I should have said that all [a theoretical operator who might need to figure this out, who is present with the lift and has a tape measure] needs is....

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #434  
It would seem that a "dynamic" counterweight on the 3PH might be worth considering. By dynamic I'm thinking that the weight would pivot farther away from the tractor when the 3PH is lowered and then pivot back in place when the 3ph is raised.

I haven't spent much time thinking about how to do this but it would seem that a hydraulic top link could be part of the plan. The top link attachment point on the counterweight could possibly be positioned to facilitate the pivoting motion when raising the 3PH.

The obvious advantage of this arrangement over a "fixed" counterweight would be putting the weight farther back where it does more good. Also, the weight could be down low for better center of gravity even when the front loader is not being used.

Edit: Anyone care to guess approximate weight of this counterweight?
https://www.purplewave.com/auction/160405/item/BX9807

Last edited:
   / You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #435  
Too much fun! OK - I think the challenge for some in understanding all of this perfectly is that our tractors are boring. Let's figure out where the center of gravity is in this example if someone hands her a cold beer for her left hand? Then, how far does she need to adjust her right leg out to compensate? :laughing:

girl yoga.jpg

And a little something for the ladies too... (This may or may not be my best yoga pose after drinking the other five beers from that six pack we had to break in the experiment above.) ;)

dude yoga.jpg

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #436  
Which leg is her right leg???

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #438  
the one on the left!:)

If that picture is real I got robbed when God built my body. I cannot and never could do something like that........ :)

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #439  
If that picture is real I got robbed when God built my body. I cannot and never could do something like that........ :)

Not to mention it would not be near as interesting to look at even if you could!:eek:

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #440  
Not to mention it would not be near as interesting to look at even if you could!:eek:

There's no reason to get personal.................