You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really?

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #441  
It would seem that a "dynamic" counterweight on the 3PH might be worth considering. By dynamic I'm thinking that the weight would pivot farther away from the tractor when the 3PH is lowered and then pivot back in place when the 3ph is raised.

I haven't spent much time thinking about how to do this but it would seem that a hydraulic top link could be part of the plan. The top link attachment point on the counterweight could possibly be positioned to facilitate the pivoting motion when raising the 3PH.

The obvious advantage of this arrangement over a "fixed" counterweight would be putting the weight farther back where it does more good. Also, the weight could be down low for better center of gravity even when the front loader is not being used.

Backhoe. About as dynamic as you can get

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #442  
If that picture is real I got robbed when God built my body. I cannot and never could do something like that........ :)

I don't think she could carry as many sap buckets in a day as I can, for example, but it would be interesting to switch bodies for a day. Not trying to be weird or anything, just such a completely different composition that it would be amazing to experience the difference. Like swapping with a cat for a day. Really, not trying to be weird, I promise.

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #443  
That is why I suggested using a plumb bob and measure to the center of the axle. Knowing the angle without the length(height) or the distance from the front of the mast I figured it was easy to use the plumb blob and an tape measure. Of course none of this is supplied or given. But this would be an easy way to do it in the field.
I would provide the measurements, but I can't at the moment. I have the forklift torn apart for a brake job and it lifts higher then the shop ceiling.

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #444  
I am sure she can trim her toe nails easier than I can.:D

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really? #445  
Backhoe. About as dynamic as you can get

I forgot to mention that the "dynamic" counterweight tucks in against the tractor when the 3PH is raised. Helps a lot when trying to get the barn door closed behind the tractor.:)

/ You need balast or you will trash your front axle!!!! really?
Might be easier to just buy a new front axle.

That's the conclusion I came to 200 posts back :D If I ever bust mine I'll just slap one on from a junked Case 580 and see how long that lasts.