Your input?

/ Your input? #61  
No brush really to speak of that we'd be mowing, it's really all pasture grass with the occassional weed. I figure we'd let it get no higher than 6" before cutting. Any taller and the horses won't eat it.

/ Your input? #62  
You'll have no problem with a 6 foot mower and 33 hp. My 25 hp kubota is actually rated for a 6 footer even though I only use a 5 footer. As stated for you application cutting 12 inches or less of pasture grass you'll be fine. (I cut 4 foot high weeds/brush/goldenrod -just go in a lower gear)

Re: telescoping links vs Pats easy change - Has anyone used both and have input?? I like the idea of telescoping links also but you only seem to get them on the higher end tractors and I'm not sure if they are even easier than Pats system.

/ Your input? #63  
Valorum

I haven't seen anything mentioned of montana's. I Have a montana R3644 Shuttle that I bought last year. My previous experience were varios big ag tractors growing up and I have had a 25HP Chinese, and a 30 HP Kioti.

The Montana is a very nice tractor and I would highly reccomend it. It has the big open platform that will fit your frame well. Other features I was impressed with that are standard:
Quick attach Bob cat style bucket, two rear remotes with controls, 12 speed forward and rear, adjustable steering wheel, electric PTO which you can set to run with your clutch or direct on regardless of clutch. The tractor had 38 HP and is very strong. I tried several others including the TYM 33, Kioti CK30, Kubota 3400. There Montana was slightly nicer and had more features for a lower price.

Also has the noce Misibushi 4 cylinder moter which I found smoother than the others which all have 3 cylinder motors. The specs were better than the competitors, more lift on 3 pt and on the front loader.

The best thing was the price 15K. This was for a brand new 38 hp R3644 with curved boom loader. I did take the cash price which incudes a 1500 rebate. I also could have got 0 % financing but would have been 16,500.

It is a great tractor, great price, and I have a great dealer (Diamond R Equipment in Freeburg, Missouri).

If you are still looking, find a montana dealer and look at these machines. They are made By LG (Korean) and they have 3 year warantees. I now have 85 hours on my montana.

I also mow about 2.5 acres of lawn. I would also Highly recommend that you get a zero turn for the lawn and use the tractor for the tractor stuff. Tractors are not good lawn mowers. They dont turn as well and are too heavy for lawns. I have a Gravely 2348 zero turn for my lawn and can mow much faster with it than any tractor even with a 5 or 6 foot wide mower.

/ Your input? #64  
Re: telescoping links vs Pats easy change - Has anyone used both and have input?? I like the idea of telescoping links also but you only seem to get them on the higher end tractors and I'm not sure if they are even easier than Pats system.

The telescoping ends were standard on my Kioti. When I first got it, I did not know others were differant and was wondering why everyone wanted to buy something to make it easier to hook up implements. :)
I'd imagine pats are even easier, but it's not an issue for me...

/ Your input? #65  
Thanks for all of the thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. We pulled the trigger this morning on the 1533 PowerShuttle with FEL and toothbar. :)

And now the fun of researching and choosing our implements begins. PHD is first on the list, then a mower, a rake or drag for the arena, and who knows what else.

/ Your input?
Yep, we did it :D Thanks for all your input, it helped.

/ Your input? #67  
Well done! I would have picked the Massey too in your situation.

I have both a landscape rake and a chain harrow. I use the chain harrow on my riding arena and it is probably the most used implement that I have. I drag the pastures with it as well. I find the rake good for cleaning up manure etc.

One recommendation - consider getting a harrow that is mounted on a boom pole using the 3pt. That allows you to lift it up with the 3 pt. Not a huge advantage but I sorta wished I had done that as you can pick it up and shake it!

Make sure you post some pictures!

/ Your input? #68  
Thanks for all of the thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. We pulled the trigger this morning on the 1533 PowerShuttle with FEL and toothbar. :)

And now the fun of researching and choosing our implements begins. PHD is first on the list, then a mower, a rake or drag for the arena, and who knows what else.

You may already be aware, on the phd, get the bit bigger than you need. In other words, a 6" bit will NOT be good for a 4x4 post. I just learned this one. :)

Congradulations. May you spend time now every day looking at old tractors on ebay and craigslist even though you have no reason to. I "hear" some folks do that. :)

/ Your input? #69  
Congradulations. May you spend time now every day looking at old tractors on ebay and craigslist even though you have no reason to. I "hear" some folks do that. :)

LOL! There is someone other than me that does that even without any near term plans to upgrade?