Your Mission John Thomas

/ Your Mission John Thomas #1  

TailDragon

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 1652 Cab
There is a new F3990 for 2014 replacing the F3680 according to Kubota's press release.
Find out the inside information and new pricing.

The F3080 also appears to have been dropped.
Glad I got my 3680 when I did.
Which F did you end up with as #2 or are you willing/eager to try the new series.

This message will not self destruct but may go off topic.

/ Your Mission John Thomas #2  
There is a new F3990 for 2014 replacing the F3680 according to Kubota's press release.
Find out the inside information and new pricing.

The F3080 also appears to have been dropped.
Glad I got my 3680 when I did.
Which F did you end up with as #2 or are you willing/eager to try the new series.

This message will not self destruct but may go off topic.

I talked to Steve Barlow a couple of days ago to schedule delivery of my new used F2680e (150 hours and I know the person (original purchaser) that put 130 of the hours on it, 72" side discharge deck (35 hours also know the original owner of this deck) and near new turf tires (on the side) and new bar tires (installed). Maybe delivery today.
He said he has a new F2690 near the same old price coming for show room display to sell. The F3080 has been dropped and the new F3990 is quite a bit more money. Looks like you did make your move at the right time but increased pricing usually helps those of us that have already bought. Steve told me a couple of weeks ago that he tried ordering a F2680 for another customer and couldn't. May be same for F3080/F3680 but may still be some on dealer lots that can be purchased for old prices. New models usually go up so older left over models are not usually sold on clearance (discounted) pricing since their original price is a discount price vs the new models.
Steve said some changes to new models, digital dash is about the only one I remember and of course emission stuff on the F3990 but not the F2690.
Cut and installed my rubber discharge deflector on my 72" rear discharge deck and will do a trial mowing in a few days to test results and will post results with pics.

/ Your Mission John Thomas #3  
Yowza!
I had no idea membership implied Action Items.
That's too much like work.

/ Your Mission John Thomas
F series owners are a little different than most Kubota owners, we must spread the word since Kubota seems to neglect us.
I saw the new digital panel, still prefer steam gauges. Do like the lower operating RPM for the engine.
Since I bought the shop manual for the 3680 I decided to stay with that power unit.
Still only 0% for 36 months, did not see any cash discount. Lower priced lines get better terms.

/ Your Mission John Thomas
F series owners are a little different than most Kubota owners, we must spread the word since Kubota seems to neglect us.
I saw the new digital panel, still prefer steam gauges. Do like the lower operating RPM for the engine.
Since I bought the shop manual for the 3680 I decided to stay with that power unit.
Still only 0% for 36 months, did not see any cash discount. Lower priced lines get better terms.

/ Your Mission John Thomas #6  
You are right TailDragon, we are a different bunch, and between my dealer ant Mr Thomas, and the great work they did convincing and guiding me to the F3680, I enjoyed the best summer of grass cutting ever.
Reconfigured for the snow blower today, and looking forward to that too

Dan

/ Your Mission John Thomas #7  
You are right TailDragon, we are a different bunch, and between my dealer ant Mr Thomas, and the great work they did convincing and guiding me to the F3680, I enjoyed the best summer of grass cutting ever.
Reconfigured for the snow blower today, and looking forward to that too

Dan

Can you post pics of the Snow Blower setup?

/ Your Mission John Thomas #8  
I will Murphy, as well as the modified counterweight set-up and the over-head console like made.
It's out Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canada so I'll some time in the am.

Dan.

/ Your Mission John Thomas #9  
I would love to see a F series in person but it seems the dealers here do no stock them at all. Did not even know you could put a Blower on it.

/ Your Mission John Thomas #10  
It's a big thing up here, most people install either blades or blowers.
Kubota sells two, a 52 and a 57" wide. I bought a 57". If you're wondering how well it works Murphy (as I did before I bought it) I can tell you it does a far better job than my 60" rear facing blower ever did mounted on the rear of my B7800. In fact, it will easily through snow 50 feet. Very well engineered as most all Kubota equipment typically is.
I bought mine last year mid March and had the chance to try it out on 10 good snow falls, (with no cab at that time) and I ate a lot of snow (smiling) looked like a snow-man, but was very satisfied with the performance.
I bought a Curtis Cab and installed it this spring and recently installed a heater and sound system, should be interesting this winter. The best part about the blower is that it is front facing so that you finish the job and come off the tractor feeling like a human, without a sore back or neck, and no cramp in your right leg from fighting the hydrostatic pedal with heavy boots on. I suppose you need to live in a climate where 4 - 5 hours of blowing snow is normal, southern USA folks are very fortunate not having to worry about snow.
I'll post a few pictures.
Dan