Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree

/ Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree #51  
   / Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree #52  
Okay, I went down and looked at this tree a little closer, took some more pictures, put the chainsaw back in the mule and went back to the house and cut down 10 large pines:D. I had to get the pines down before the pole barn construction.

Here are pictures from several angles. The tree is over 3/4 gone and I am surprised it is still standing. Let me know your thoughts.
------------------------------

David
Rent a telehandler for a day, and push it over. :thumbsup:

Here is mine: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...our-technique-removing-trees.html#post3356253

And http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/118658-todays-seat-time-66.html#post3379993

P7110022.JPG

/ Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree #53  
Here are pictures from several angles.

The 2nd photo shows the lean well. Scary stuff.

Perfect candidate for one stick of dynamite in a drilled hole. Used to be you could buy that stuff
at the hardware store for stump removal. Anyone look into what it takes to legally buy/use any explosives
today?

I paid a climber earlier this year to help remove four 135' fir trees, in sections. That guy was good.
I struggled to remove one of the last standing 50-ft trunks with my 24" chainsaw. Even that was
too tough for me as the slope was 100% (45-deg) and the diameter was about 35". I could not get
around to the back side safely. My 28" saw is being rebuilt.

Attachments

• timber!.jpg
    timber!.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 106
   / Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree #54  
The more you show the worse the tree looks from a good escape route plan, working off the ground. I am a retired pro, and would NOT want to cut at the trunk while standing on the ground. There was no need for wind to blow that tree apart to how it stands/leans now. Your pics detail the stresses that finally overcame the weak link and twisted it apart like an over-pressurized spring that finally broke apart.
Get a pro to bring out a bucket truck- if access is possible, or a mini-ex, Tele-handler, etc. It needs to be dropped to insure your safety when using your road, and it's warned you already. Take heed. Don't try it yourself. Down over the bank with skilled pro at the helm. Your life or some money - you decide.

/ Your Thoughts on Cutting this Tree
Your life or some money - you decide.

I decided this weekend once I looked at the tree closer; I'm not touching it:D

If I can get a cable on the top part I could most likely pull it over or break it off. I have a cable and pulley system at my dad's that we used to pull trees. I will go get and let you know how it works out.