Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #751  
That is a sharp looking truck and trailer combo with the graphics that are on it.

Chris

Thanks Chris. It's the rig I have wanted since I was 9. Only too me 40 years to get. :laughing:

I agree with Chris that's a nice rig. I see you use your storage like we did when we where in the garage door business....as your shop!:laughing::thumbsup:

Well I live in a small town and have an old model A type garage here, and the units are right close to my customer base, cheap and clean. I get a 10 x 30 for 100 a month. I also pay 42 a month for a dedicated paved spot for my trailer in winter and when not in use.

I had hoped to sell the two homes I have, one paid for, and one under water like a fish and get a small spread with a nice pole barn, but can't now because of the market situation.

I owe 125,000 on a home that may not sell for fifty.

:mad:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #752  
You obviously haven't seen one and you clearly haven't even had your first knee surgery. First, they fold into the tailgate and are basically unseen. Second, any injuries you have had that healed up, just wait, they'll all come back in about 30 years with a vengeance! I imagine most trucks will have them in a few years. It's sort of like when power steering came out. Who needed power steering?! What wimps! Now how many trucks don't have power steering? Same sort of deal. Go drive you a truck without power steering; the old fashioned way. ;)

I second that Dargo and that's why I have one on mine. Makes it MUCH easier to climb up and down and folds up out of sight nice and smoothly. Great option.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #753  
Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new Kubota somewhere:confused2:

AndyG

Nice job with the double pull. :thumbsup: Thats the way we do it around here also.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #754  
Funny, your truck has to be out in the street to hook up!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Man, I wouldn't like to see you coming down the road!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: They must have "very" lax towing laws down in TN!!! :confused2::confused2::confused2:

Yea the neighbor痴 love me especially when I block have the cove off to hook the train up Actually we are legal to pull double here. If I remember as long as I am not over 40ft off the RV axle I am good Besides the frame on the RV is not strong enough to pull anything heavier. I put one heck on a hitch together- but the RV frame just not going to handle a bigger trailer with the Kubota behind it:mad: Well there is always plan be and that is to move to the farm:thumbsup:

AndyG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #755  
There is an optional 16,000 lb rated (with WD) hitch you can order. I've got one on my F-350.

Mines an old 2 valve 5.4 so you go slow when towing heavy. If you follow the "factory" tables, I can only tow like 7000 lb with my F-350. I have the same brakes and axle weight ratings as all the other 350's that year. If you look into it, the rating is because of the from stop hill acceleration test in the SAE tow rating standard. I don't have enough power to accel fast enough to get the 13,000 lb rating the V-10 with low axle ratio has. I don't need to go fast up hills thanks.

How heavy of a trailer could you tow with such a hitch? I know in all of Ford's literature they give a tow limit of roughly 13,000 pounds for all their trucks via bumper pull. I figured that number was partly limited by the hitches themselves, but how heavy of an equipment trailer could one reasonably expect to pull with a setup like your uncle's without squatting the rear too much?

As to johnk, nice rig. I think that it very similar to what I might look for when I pay my half ton truck off to keep strictly as a heavy hauler.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #757  
mental note... brake controller on MAX

Thats a bad idea. (I think you were joking) but that is a easy way to jack knife the center trailer.

This double pull thing is not that big of a deal. He is pulling it with a 3/4 ton truck. I would guess the 5th wheel is 11,000# or so and the back trailer is a single axle 3,500# unit that is loaded to maybe 2,800#. His truck has plenty of capacity.

I really can not believe some of you guys have never seen this done. I literally see these every weekend at the camp ground right by the lake. Its usually a 38-35' camper and a 18' boat but we also see guys pulling golf carts on single axle trailers, jet skis, and I have even seen a pop up camper behind another camper.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #758  
My latest load....road trip thru NY, VT, MA, PA, and back to OH.

Attachments

• 2010 145.jpg
    2010 145.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 438
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #760  
Here is what I pull to the hunting club... Just got to figure out to get the new Kubota somewhere:confused2:

AndyG

I see this here in OK as well. Truck, 5th wheel and boat or ATV trailer. Some of us will even have truck, horse or livestock gooseneck and then wagon. Of course, the wagon has to track good. (read; updated spindles or axles):D

Sorry, don't have pics of the "train".

Attachments

• DSCN0393.JPG
    DSCN0393.JPG
    999.6 KB · Views: 240