Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #791  
Don't know that it's legal here, but a friend pulls a tandem rig consisting of a horse trailer and a flatbed with her wagon all over the state so I assume it is.

I have towed tandem in Kentucky and yes, its LEGAL. The kicker is in KY they max total length is 55'. I was way over that but I took my chances and did not get stopped.

What I towed was a 28' boat that was a total length of 32' on the trailer and a Jet Ski that was 12' on the trailer. Thats a total of 44' and I know my Ford Extended Cab Short Bed was in the 20' long range. I was at about 64' overall.

I am sure you buddy is over on length also but I seriously doubt most of the cops know the max length law. They just know its legal and if looks safe and you are obeying the other laws they let you go on about your business.

Now the guy across the street has the longest rig I have seen. He has a 2007 or 2006 Dodge 3500 SRW Cummins Crew Cab Long Bed pulling a 38' 5th wheel and behind it a 21' Ski Boat. He has pull it from Indiana to Florida on a few trips. I would bet its 80' if its a inch. Figure the truck at 22' and because its a 5th wheel the 38' camper has a length of about 35' and the 21' boat on the trailer is about 24'. My math comes up with 81' total...

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #792  
Like DP said, double pulling is totally state by state.

You'll never see 'that' type of double pulling in WA.

Semi's are a different story.

Yep, you are right. Its NOT LEGAL in WA according to my book.

I wish they would just standardize these laws.

Chris

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #793  
This should stir a few feathers! :D Took this load to a show about an hour from home last summer. Passed three State troopers sitting beside the road on the way home, they just watched me drive by.

I don't pull two out of state! ~~ grnspot110

What? the only problem I see is that the tractors are green and yellow and not orange and gray!:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #794  
What? the only problem I see is that the tractors are green and yellow and not orange and gray!:laughing::thumbsup:

Sorry, I can't help the fact that you just weren't brought up right! :D:D:D: ~~ grnspot110

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #796  
I bought this trailer last summer $400, the floor was bad, need tires and I added new cross members and a new axle with brakes. I ended up with $1500 in it, but it made a pretty good trailer.The last picture was the first load, pickup new gator.

Attachments

• DSC01075.jpg
    DSC01075.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01077.JPG
    861.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC01078.JPG
    DSC01078.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01049.JPG
    DSC01049.JPG
    852.5 KB · Views: 305
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #797  
A few of my D-max & old Ford 1900. Dad's 03 Z71 and the MF250 (for sale)

I'll get some pictures of the new 4005 taken soon!

DSC02109.jpg

DSCF0713.jpg

100_1234.jpg

GEDC0028.jpg

DSC02112.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #798  
My latest addition. Picked it up used, is in pretty good shape but has no ramps. Just picked up some steel yesterday so this weekends project will be welding up some ramps.

Nice looking deck-over. Good luck

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #799  
This is my tow vehicle and how I got the New Holland home. As you can see it was dark by the time we got it loaded.

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #800  
Good looking Ford there. I have a 06 F-350 SRW 4x4 diesel the same color. Love that truck.

Chris