Kumho Tires

/ Kumho Tires #11  
They are pretty good. i have had one set on a car and two on a truck. Seem to be pretty high quality and price is good.

/ Kumho Tires
i dont want to fool with a warrety as i have to drive 1 hour out of my way to a close shop that they approve and still would have to fabricate a log book of when i rotated the tires and they said they would accept that (i did rotate but who writes that stuff down, well i know you do bird??).

I can certainly understand your situation, but mine is a bit different. First is that the Discount Tire place that I use is less than 2 miles from my house. Second is that they do the tire rotation every 7k miles at not cost (even for the car that still has the tires it had when I bought it), so their computer has all the information, and then, yep, I've got the date and mileage of every service of any kind on my own computer.:laughing:

/ Kumho Tires #13  
Go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels. Thier website has all types of information and customer reviews.

I always check their reviews before buying tires.

And since they now have regional warehouses, shipping charges are more reasonable. I just bought four new tires (General Altimax HP) and steel rims for my 2005 Ford Focus. Since I bought the rims and tires from them, mounting and balancing were "free". I picked them up at their Connecticut warehouse (only 1.5 hours from my house). Saved about $300 over buying from local dealer - mostly on the steel rims.

Marc

/ Kumho Tires
Thanks, Marc, overall the reviews for the Kumho model I am considering are quite good.

/ Kumho Tires #15  
consumer reports list only like 4 reviews for the Khumo solus kr21 i have listed i had trouble with.

I reasearched this tire pretty well before i got it and most review seem positive. But what i notice on tires is that most review them either the first few thousand miles. Well i have bought the cheapest tires before and they were 100x better than the worn out cupped or whatever i had on there before so i dont see a brand new tire ever riding bad.

Back to what i first wrote here... after i started looking for new tires that kr21 kept returning as a tire on every site i looked at as an entry level tire price. I googled solus kr21 wearing out early, and it returned the CR page, those 4 reviews i mentioned all had thier tires wear out in less than 35k. One guy said he had then on his car wear out in like 30k over 5 years and on his wifes van in less mileage than that, like 20k. His were newer models if i remember. Someone with an explorer said their wore in 35k. Like i said mine probably have 25k on them and are worn out. Every one of those 4 has the tires wearing out 2-3x earlier than suppose to. Yes i have a bone to pick with them but i would of got this mileage out of used tires?? Just letting you know what my experience is. I would not buy these tires again even if i had a deal like you, its an ordeal thats just not worth the hastle, even an off name tire is better than what i got. Dont forget you still have to buy their protection and pay a prorate and sit in the dealer.

Also i buy tires online as i live in a rural area. I can come out cheaper, by a lot if i get tires online and then have them installed. Yes i run into this when i have a bad tire but thats life.

/ Kumho Tires #16  
I prefer faster wearing tires of the added safety.

Just remember I have a new set on to the front axle of the F700 truck but they are dated 2008 and were wrecked school bus tires.

/ Kumho Tires #17  
I use Kumho for my trailers. Cooper passenger tires for the car (so long Michelin low-mile tires), and Michelin AT for the truck.

Local dealer here says they have problems with Kumho's warranty service, so they recommended the Cooper. Good tire so far.

/ Kumho Tires #18  
I've had 2 sets of Kumho high performance tires on my Camaro and both cheap and not-so-cheap Kumho winter tires on my Volvo beater. They've all been good value for the money.

/ Kumho Tires #19  
I had 235/85/16" on my hotshot trucks with good luck. Good tire for the money. We ran them on big trucks too with good luck.

/ Kumho Tires #20  
Go to Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels. Thier website has all types of information and customer reviews.

I always check their reviews before buying tires.

And since they now have regional warehouses, shipping charges are more reasonable. I just bought four new tires (General Altimax HP) and steel rims for my 2005 Ford Focus. Since I bought the rims and tires from them, mounting and balancing were "free". I picked them up at their Connecticut warehouse (only 1.5 hours from my house). Saved about $300 over buying from local dealer - mostly on the steel rims.

Marc

Don't forget to check out the surveys. They give numerical ratings across a whole spectrum of factors such as dry traction, wet traction, snow, noise as well as giving them a rating compared to other tires in the same category.