Oil & Fuel Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar)

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #11  
My YM240 manual says pull the pan and clean the pump intake strainer after a while. Does anyone actually do this?

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #12  
My YM240 manual says pull the pan and clean the pump intake strainer after a while. Does anyone actually do this?

I have never done this but wondering the same thing, How frequent does the manual recommend that?

I just drain hot after a days work.

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #13  
I never have for that reason but never found one that was dirty when pulling the pan for other reasons.

In the US using our motor oils and changing every few years I do not think the screen will get stopped up.

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #14  
Maybe I read that somewhere else. What the Operations Manual really says is annually or 600 hours flush the crankcase. 'See your dealer for this'.

I'll keep looking for a source, I'm sure I read that somewhere.

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #15  
It would only take a couple minutes to pull the pan.

On a ym 2000 that I needed to rebuild at about 2200 hours the pan was clean.

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #16  
Napa # 1064
We have used hundreds of them no problems ...

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #17  
i use Baldwin filters as i can get these easily and relatively cheap($9 AUD) they are the correct micron rating and bypass valve pressure(i think it was 14 PSI) also danny1 recommended these also.looking in the baldwin catalogue this number fits many yanmar models, oil i use caltex(chevron) delo 400

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #18  
Napa # 1064
We have used hundreds of them no problems ...

Yep, that's what I have used for almost 10 years. It's the only thing I have found that will fit on a YM2000B. Otherwise, oil filters is oil filters.

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #19  
Oil filters ain't created equal. Cut open a few & you can actually see the difference. Card board media, synthetic media, etc,

/ Best Oil Filter For A Small Diesel Tractor (Yanmar) #20  
Oil filters ain't created equal. Cut open a few & you can actually see the difference. Card board media, synthetic media, etc,

Why would anyone want to cut open an oil filter? I have used probably hundreds, of all brands, and never had a bad one. Have you?