YM2210D reconditioned good or bad

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #61  
It looks good. Hope it runs good for you. You live up close to Coldwater? Haven't heard anything but good things about their loaders. That would be the way I would go If I needed one.

Actually I live 9 hours away, 1 1/2 hours North of Boise in Idaho. But trying to find a little 4x4 tractor with a loader for under 10K around here is impossible. Yes, I read a lot about there loaders.

Dave

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #64  
I see this guy advertising quite often on different CL sites. He is kind of up your way.
Big-Little Tractors - www.biglittletractor.com

Ouch. His Yanmar prices are $1000 to $2000 higher than most for an import. For the YM1500 around $6000, I got a restored YM2610 for that price. The YM1500 is a 2-cly diesel and the YM2500/YM2610 is a 3-cly diesel at 31Hp using the 3T80 that is also a John Deere 850/950 tractor.

OK strike that above, I didn't see it being a front loader on the left side bar. My bad. Then the price is reasonable overall. It will have similar ability like the John Deere 650 2-cly. It can scoop to move snow, crush-n-run gravel, compost piles, and square bales of hay without issues. Getting it to do more would stress the loader some. My literal neighbor has the JD650 Yanmar version of this. It can do the small loader stuff as needed. Just don't over do it and take your time with the 2-cly.

Another note, it has the ricer tires. So the traction will be weak compared to the typical Ag R1 tires.
The front ricer tires for 4x4 would work, just the rear ricers are not ideal.

Last edited:
   / YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #65  
Great great loaders, I would put them up to almost any manufactured built loader... I've gotten several tractors from them already..

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #66  
Ouch. His Yanmar prices are $1000 to $2000 higher than most for an import. For the YM1500 around $6000, I got a restored YM2610 for that price. The YM1500 is a 2-cly diesel and the YM2500/YM2610 is a 3-cly diesel at 31Hp using the 3T80 that is also a John Deere 850/950 tractor.

OK strike that above, I didn't see it being a front loader on the left side bar. My bad. Then the price is reasonable overall. It will have similar ability like the John Deere 650 2-cly. It can scoop to move snow, crush-n-run gravel, compost piles, and square bales of hay without issues. Getting it to do more would stress the loader some. My literal neighbor has the JD650 Yanmar version of this. It can do the small loader stuff as needed. Just don't over do it and take your time with the 2-cly.

Another note, it has the ricer tires. So the traction will be weak compared to the typical Ag R1 tires.
The front ricer tires for 4x4 would work, just the rear ricers are not ideal.

I know little to nothing about tractors. I understand that if I am honest and tell it straight up, that people are more forthcoming with info. Im just a guy who used to live on 2 1/2 acres and moved to Idaho on 175 acres of intermediate wheat grass to be left alone, raise his own food and stock his pond with bass, bluegill, catfish and live out his days.

I know this little tractor isnt going to do everything I need but its a start and all the $ I had. After 30 years of police work Im living off of a small pension and money will now always be tight. So slow and steady is now the rule.

OK, the tires are 'ricer tires" ???? That I didnt know. And the fronts have multiple cracks in them too. So my rancher buddy told me a while back that Les Schwab comes up once a month and does mobile tire work on ranches. So if I was going to get new tires that are ideal for ranch work, lots of post hole fence work, moving some dirt, garden work, grass cutting (both of those when I can afford the attachments) what would a nice set of four tires be and what do you think they would cost? Im very open to learning.

RUMBLON

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #67  
Unless you plan on running at highway speeds, (8mph), I would not worry about cracks in the tires. they will probably last for many years, with tubes. You are looking at at least $500 plus mounting for a set of tires

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #68  
I agree with normde2001. While I do agree with Bmaverick that r1s will give better traction I would think the rice tires will give you all the traction you need. I ran them on my 4 wheel drive 2002d for several years with no problems. I have done all the jobs you listed.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #69  
Avoid Big Little Tractors! I started having problems less than a week after Don delivered my tractor. I had to replace all the electrical wiring, the fuel pump, the fuel gauge, and I still have two leaks in the hydraulics that are too costly to repair. Don, of course, did not care anymore once he got paid. Look somewhere else.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #70  
Avoid Big Little Tractors. I started having problems less than a week after Don delivered my tractor. I had to replace all the electrical wiring, the fuel pump, the fuel gauge, and I still have two leaks in the hydraulics that are too costly to repair. Don, of course, did not care anymore once he got paid. Look somewhere else