Impossible to buy engine parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Impossible to buy engine parts! #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A quick search on the internet reveals that in just the last 4 years you have 56 unresolved BBB complaints from your Miami "operation" )</font>
Most interesting, and as inaccurate as the rest of your posts. We aren't in Miami. Not even in Florida. Perhaps you'll post the link to the Better Business Bureau page that shows 56 unresolved complaints against us in the last 4 years.

I've said my piece and you clearly understand it. I would not want to do business with you, and if that makes us both happy, so much the better. I will, however, respond to blatant misrepresentation of our business. You can have your opinion and whine on till the cows come home as far as I care, but bring some documentation to the table when you claim we have 56 unresolved complaints according to the BBB.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ernie even posted flat out lies about me, in TBY public forum, in an attempt to shut me up. )</font> Oh yeah, I forgot. You're the same guy who said Ernie lied..and we're ALL familiar with his lack of credibility. Yep, Ernie and LMTC, two of the known villains in this industry.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #32  
BTW Wayne,
Just for my own curosity I searched the main BBB site and the site local to you......however it seems there are NO complaints listed against you or your company that I could find.
Of course I don't know if could trust what you say anyway.....you villain you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just teasing friend

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #33  
Now Wayne as well as Ernie.....and to think I've trusted and worked with these scoundrels for years. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'll even send parts to Wayne and tell him to just pay me when he gets the part. For now on, I'll have to make sure I get paid in advance with certified funds. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, there are not any more honest guys than Wayne and Ernie. This BBB stuff simply is hogwash.

Let's put this behind us. It's been entertaining but has degraded to the point where it now has no value.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #34  
In answer to the sleeved v.s. unsleeved engines, none of the Yanmar engines are "unsleeved". The difference is that some are a wet sleeve and some are dry sleeve. A wet sleeve design usually has cast sleeves which are quite thick. They are easily removable and replaceable without machining. The outside of the sleeve is in direct contact with coolant - thus the "wet" sleeve description.

Most small diesel engines manufactured today, including Yanmar, are dry sleeved. It is completely equivalent to typical automobile gasoline engine design. The sleeves can be removed by machining, and new ones can be pressed in. The dry sleeves are typically very thin walled. This is done very frequently by machine shops. In fact, some high value vintage blocks have been overbored enough times that they have to be re-sleeved in this way.

A buddy of mine recently did an overhaul of his Kubota L185. It has a dry sleeve engine. He described the process of rebuilding, including machining out the old sleeves and insertion of the new sleeves.

Now for the Yanmar engine, I would highly recommend getting the OEM sleeves. Otherwise it will be difficult to ensure that you get the correct clearances and correct material. It can be done otherwise, but you need a good tech reference to get the correct sleeve specifications. I definately would NOT recommend boring the block for insertion of wet sleeves. I don't think this would work well. The wet sleeve normally has rubber seals to maintain separation of the water jacket and the crankcase. The water jacket design of the dry sleeve engine may not be compatible with a wet sleeve.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( (2) re: "( Please resend the e-mail you wrote of to: dennis@istanbullies.com
) Why? So you can say you didn't get it again?" - No, because in order for me to receive his price quotes Len is the one that has to send it. Len offered and I accepted his offer. How could it have been done otherwise? )</font>

I believe you misunderstood Wayne's comment here. Len's e-mail address is in his signature. Just click on it, send him an e-mail request the price and he will reply back to you. Some of these dealers are too busy to surf the tractor forums everyday all day looking for people to help. Len might not see your message for a few days. If you sent him an e-mail however, that would show you are serious and I am sure he would promptly e-mail you.

And to vouch for that scoundrel Wayne, he is in Ohio not Florida. In his profile it shows his location as Ohio. Click on his website and it shows it is in Ohio. Not to kick you while you are down, but if your search for Yanmar parts is anything like your background search of Wayne, I can see why you have had problems getting parts.

/ Impossible to buy engine parts! #36  
It appears that Len has solved Dennis' problem, some erroneous information has been posted, and tempers are flaring, so I think it's time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.