Kubota BX24 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
chrisakaluth

BX24 Kubota
Mighty Micro
Model Year: 2007

Swapped my Kubota ZD23 for a BX24, loader, backhoe, box scraper, after we sold a 3 acre place and needed the tools more than the mower. I had contemplated buying a quad instead, but this thing has paid for itself each summer (projects) and winter (snow removal) since. Still fires up like new regardless how long it sat or how hot or cold it is, still lifts, pulls, pushes, moves its own weight and then some, and has saved my back, legs, arms, time and time again. Sips fuel, and stores in less space than my mom's Honda Fit. Simple, easy maintenance keeps it like new, and only the dirt and scratches from real work indicate that it didn't just roll off the lot yesterday. I've never owned a piece of equipment so ready for work, so easy and fun to use. There are cheaper models out there (more expensive too if you prefer green to orange), but I can't imagine anything better, stronger, faster, more fun.

Pros: Perfect size for a homeowner, super reliable, easy to use and maintain.
Cons: It's capabilities make me think it can do more than its size sometimes allows.

5.00 star(s)
Deano

BX24 Kubota
Awesome Little Machine
Model Year: 2006

This "Baby Bota" will do almost anything larger tractors can do, it just takes longer (common sense inserted here). I hesitated buying one with a backhoe due to cost but found this one $3,000 less than new with only 78 hours. So glad I did! I put a thumb on and have used it a lot. Great machine that I could go on and on about. If I had more acreage, I would buy a larger tractor, but for me it was a perfect choice!

Pros: Everything!
Cons: Size for some jobs.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
LJWilde

BX24 Kubota
This Was Our First "Tractor"
Model Year: 2009

It is perfect for our use. We have thirteen acres we are developing to organic permaculture. This little tractor is small enough to maneuver around small trees and plants but has enough power to move small amounts of earth, rocks, mulch, dig trenches and small ponds and reservoirs, and the post hole auger (recently purchased) is amazing for planting trees, there were only a couple of times in the last four years that i wished it was a little bigger, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. we liked it so much, this spring we bought a 23 hp Kubota mower, we also got a snow blower for the back, cause I use the buck over the winter to bring wood up from the woodshed.

Pros: Small, maneuverable, doesn't wreck turf/lawn.
Cons: Sometimes will bog sown in deep snow.

4.00 star(s)
skrimshaw

BX24 Kubota
Why the BX24?
Model Year: 2006

Bought the tractor/backhoe for a specific project in my back yard. Only access to sight was by driving through 7 foot high overhead doors at both ends of our garage. I looked at rental from Home Depot and ended up buying a used BX24 to save cost. Plan to use for this project (2 years) and then sell.

Pros: Unit holds its value. Local dealer is helpful.
Cons: Manual is not real clear on how to access some service points.

3.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

BX24 Kubota
Plastic Crap
Model Year: 2008

I have owned lots of things. I have worked with not so many. I have had to work on this is one. It is one of those things that would have been better left at the dealers. The plastic is a magnet for anything that will bust it, and once it breaks, it's the domino effect.

Pros: Fuel economy
Cons: Who makes plastic tractors? Even Sears are stamped steel