Kioti DK35 Reviews

4.00 star(s)
klinger48

DK35 Kioti
kioti dk35 4wd
Model Year: 2000

I purchased this tractor to help maintain my property. Overall its been a great tractor, although I should have purchased a hydrostatic drive model. About 2 years ago the clutch was very price to change through the dealer. I could not find after market parts or help so I was stuck with the deal, which is far away for me.

Pros: It starts every time.
Cons: Mechanical clutch.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Sameolepan

DK35 Kioti
DK35SE HST Great Tractor - Competes Well with Peers
Model Year: 2010

The tractor has way more strengths than weaknesses. The tractor had a great price. It was a cash purchase so it was $18315.00 with FEL, 6" bucket and R4 tires and the best part a 5 year warranty (4 from Kioti and 1 extra from dealer). I am not sure what program Kioti was offering, so I am not sure if it was a free loader or a cash rebate. At any rate, the Bobcat CT335, which is a Kioti with Bobcat badges was $19362.00. I couldn't get them to budge on their price. The machine starts every time and runs like champ. The HST is awesome especially when you are doing FEL work. I have used it for pulling down trees, putting down road base, moving round bales shredding my fields and moving piles of fill. This machine does everything it is supposed to and everything a similar other brand will for less money. This machine has more standard features than the others also. Rear remotes, draft lever and quick attach bucket, a real comfortable seat as well as cruise control. These are options on other models and standard on the Kioti. I could go on and on, but for the non tractor owners who have small properties do not think you need to go small. My other choice was the CK35, but I can tell you, by saving $1500.00 you are sacrificing a lot of machine. I absolutely recommend this tractor, but I also expect everyone to do their homework and compare apples to apples and trust their own instincts. For me it was a no-brainer!

Pros: Engine power, standard features that are options on others, warranty, & price.
Cons: Haven't found one yet that is worth mentioning.

5.00 star(s)
Monkeyonmybackfarm

DK35 Kioti
DK35 creeper
Model Year: 2002

I purchased my DK35 as I am a hobby farmer plus do landscaping. Of all the tractors I have owned over the last 30 years,I have had less problems and fewer breakdowns. I would purchase a Kioti again. Built heavy , not flimsy material like the green tractors or the Red ones. Only thing I don't like is its built for small people not 6 ft tall folks...

Pros: Built tuff, conviences that you don't find on other tractors.
Cons: Plastic items that get brittle from sunlight exposure,ie= front grill,rear lights.

5.00 star(s)
idscarecrow

DK35 Kioti
Does the Job
Model Year: 2006

I bought this used and I only have about 8 hours on it myself. It is my first tractor, so I don't really have much to compare it to. So far, so good. For me and my 20 acres of mixed forest and meadow it is a good size - any smaller and I would be wanting more power; any larger would have problems maneuvering among my trees. The cabin is a bit cramped for my 6'6" frame, but all the controls fall readily to hand. I don't know if Kioti didn't start seatbelts until later, or if a previous owner removed the belts, but mine has no belt. What good is a ROPS without a belt? I looked at newer Kiotis, Mahindra, Kubota, Branson, and New Holland tractors. For me, this 250 hour old used model was the best value.

Pros: Power, controls, reliability.
Cons: Cramped cockpit, wish the FEL were stronger in lifting, stinky diesel, noisy, no seat belt.

5.00 star(s)
wam2

DK35 Kioti
2003 DK35
Model Year: 2003

Tractor is very solid. I have only had one hydraulic line leak and the usual directional light getting broken from hanging branches. I can't say the same for the KB2375 backhoe. Had welds break and the backhoe's 1/4" plate was too weak to take the stress's the hoe was subjected to. I have seen a couple of other posts with the same damage as my backhoe but unfortunately mine was way out of warranty when the damage finally surfaced.

Pros: 4wd awesome, smooth engine with quick starts even in upstate NY winters, plenty of power.
Cons: None for the tractor only backhoe.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

DK35 Kioti
Kioti DK35 - Hard Worked
Model Year: 2006

Overall extremely satisfied with my DK35 other than sometimes needing/wishing I would have purchased a DK45. This is largely due to me using it for several jobs I did not plan on i.e. baling hay and moving round bales with FEL. Though, after seeing friend's 'comparably' sized competitor tractor I believe the DK35 is much more capable than most if not all of it's competitors. Two of the major reasons I purchased this tractor over others was it is more of a true farm tractor due to robust design and features not on many of the competitors tractors, at least not standard. For example wider stance than many meaning more stable esp. when using FEL and weighs substantially more again more stable and more HP to the ground. Since I have used this tractor for many farm applications the standard features not included on most tractors have been esential, i.e. draft control for plowing, rear remote hydraulics for hay mowing and other implements.

Pros: Good all-around tractor.
Cons: FEL could be easier to remove.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
kent1

DK35 Kioti
Kioti's are Great
Model Year: 2002

Have had very little trouble out of my Kioti in the 189 hours I've run it. Would I buy another? Yes.

Pros: Correctly powered for tractor size. Handles bucket loader and backhoe with ease.
Cons: None.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
MauiHoss

DK35 Kioti
Kioti DK35
Model Year: 2004

We bought this tractor for a 12 acre macadamia nut farm. For the most part, she has been a trooper and was a huge help in clearing the overgrown orchard of cane grass, weed trees, rocks and eventually farming mac nuts. The tractor came equipped with a frame mounted removable backhoe. The sales guy said it was a jack-of-all/master-of-none which is fairly accurate. When we bought it, we also got an 8' rake, 6' brush hog and later a 6' flail mower. We've used the backhoe for digging up weed trees, rocks and laying irrigation lines. It is a bit under-powered for these tasks but it worked well enough. It seemed like a good tractor for our needs since the ROPS folds and the muffler is side-mounted---both options important for getting under the mac nut trees. Unfortunately, with the ROPS folded, lifting implements too high will bend the top-tube of the three-point hitch. We managed to do just that within a few weeks---yes, we were newbies. The high-profile fender-mounted tail lights have also both been whacked by stuff over time so they remain broken. Later models corrected this by integrating the lights smoothly into the fenders. Last year (2012), the clutch plate separated requiring the tractor to be split in two for repairs. This was a pricey repair which took several weeks for the dealership. The biggest problem he faced was rusted fittings since the tractor has lived out in the open most of it's life.

Pros: Good all round tractor with side muffler and folding ROPS---perfect for under tree work.
Cons: Fender-mounted rear/turn lights easily whacked.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
csanford

DK35 Kioti
Kioti DK35 with FEL
Model Year: 2005

I have enjoyed owning this tractor, it is doing everything I wanted. I bought it used from an auction house and think I got good value. My only problem has been the shifter that changes from hi to lo range. This seems to stick, and the lever arrangement seems kinda convoluted. I recently sheared off the bolt that goes into the transmission housing and shifts from hi to lo, and am dealing with that now. If you have one of these tractors get some lubricant into that bolt area. I thought I was doing that enough, but apparently not. I use a brush hog with the tractor and also a PTO powered chipper, the tractor has plenty of power for both.

Pros: Tough little tractor. Doesn't use much fuel.
Cons: Shifter has been a problem.

5.00 star(s)
KLarry

DK35 Kioti
Buying Used...You Never Know
Model Year: 2007

I bought it used with 230 hours - found out soon the previous owner must have had it in water (clutch plate rusted to pressure plate while gone for summer). Shortly after getting that fixed the 4 wheel drive crapped out. It took 3 months for dealer to get parts from Korea for the rear first then the front. Kioti said it never should have broke and covered the parts and dealer (Novia) helped some with labor. Had it almost a year now and it works great. Rough start but a tractor now that will last me for years.

Pros: Good power, simple to operate, good features, HD frame.
Cons: Expensive to have worked on.