Craftsman GT5000 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
GUAYACAN

GT5000 Craftsman
Craftsman GT 5000 Is Strong!!!
Model Year: 2004

I have one with 54' cutting deck and Kohler pro 25hp. It is speedy when you need to, so you save time. Last good experience was a piece of metal that goes behind the center blade under the cutting deck compartment fell off and, to my surprise, the cutting performance increased dramatically! You see, that piece is important to cut garden grass neatly manicured, but when you have to deal with over-your-knees tall grass that is dense and with big roots, my GT 5OOO without that piece totally crushed that high grass at speed 3! I discovered that without this piece, the rate of discharge out of the cutting deck is completely untapped and it just cut like a big tractor with a 'taladora' on the back..so if you have one...KEEP IT! If not, just get it!

Pros: If you level your yard, you can take advantage of cutting a speed 6; meaning you can get the job done 600% faster!
Cons: Is not 4 wheel drive but driving with common sense will overcome that.

Photo Uploads:

4.00 star(s)
mahovy

GT5000 Craftsman
22 HP 50" Mower Graden Tractor

Bought this tractor because of the mower size and the capability to use ground attachments (plow, disk, front blade, snowthrower, tiller, etc). Other than probelms with transmission, it has performed any and all I have thrown at it. The engine (22hp) is more than enough for mowing and even plowing my garden (25' x 45').

Pros: Great powerful engine.
Cons: Transmission weak.

4.00 star(s)
barko4

GT5000 Craftsman
2004 GT5000

Great tractor except for the engine. It is a Kohler Command Pro 25hp v-twin. It has the same smoking problem and carb issues that I've read about for these tractors built around 2004. I will probably end up replacing the motor in a few years. The rest of the tractor seems pretty solid. Parts availability is pretty good.

Pros: Solid construction.
Cons: Engine.

5.00 star(s)
stormllouis

GT5000 Craftsman
Beast Mode
Model Year: 2010

Great power and speed.

Pros: Strong.
Cons: Shifting.

5.00 star(s)
stormllouis

GT5000 Craftsman
GT5000
Model Year: 2009

Beast of a mower.

Pros: 50" cut.
Cons: Engine size.

2.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GT5000 Craftsman
Junk
Model Year: 2012

To carry a good name like Craftsman, it should be a good mower, but it is terrible. Finding parts for it is a nightmare. The motor and transmission are great, but everything else is worse than a Murray lawn mower.

Pros: Motor and transmission
Cons: Everything else

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

GT5000 Craftsman
Perfect Size For Hills
Model Year: 2005

I have the manual 6 speed. I am often setting the speed and leaning myself way over the fender to keep the mower from slipping/flipping on a hill. I know it is not something that should be done, but it is something that I have done with this mower and the previous same mower. I have thought about buying a larger tractor but feel that the extra seat height and the ability to lean over would not be as effective as this size garden tractor. This year I am spending the money to have a replacement engine as I can not find a similar sized manual 6-speed riding mower new.

Pros: Size and manual 6-speed
Cons: The deck is not real easy to remove/install