Kioti LK3054 Reviews

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

LK3054 Kioti
Hydraulics
Model Year: 1995

Just added ARPS 70 3pth backhoe using machines hydraulics. Surprised at how good it digs considering what it is.

Pros: Nice tractor for its year and what I paid.
Cons: Front bucket is slow to dump. Not for a large person.

5.00 star(s)
vmsmgr

LK3054 Kioti
LK3054
Model Year: 2000

I bought this tractor in 2000 and I've had only one issue which was a leaking valve cover gasket which I replaced. Awesome tractor with lots of power and pulling capability. I've logged with it (Farmi Winch) and done brush cutting and it just keeps chugging along. I've got a new DK40SE HST that is on order and this will be traded in soon.

Pros: Lots of power and torque for a 30 HP tractor.
Cons: None that I have noticed.

5.00 star(s)
Terry Penrose

LK3054 Kioti
Good Little Tractor
Model Year: 0

This is a great little tractor for my use (bush-hogging, digging post holes, light, excavation work, etc). It had been somewhat abused/neglected by some previous owners & needed some TLC & a new clutch at 1290 hrs. I purchased it with front end loader, bush-hog, finish mower, backhoe, single tine chisel plow and trailer. I already had a post hole digger and pallet fork so I'm set for pretty much anything around the property. It is a little light for some uses. I have to use my 3 point & pallet fork to move big hay bales because I can't pick them up with the bucket. I think it would require at least a 40 - 50 hp tractor to reliably & safely move them with the bucket. The bucket works great but is not plumbed properly, my 3-point works off the bucket controls & it's regular lever but I now have a service manual so that will be fixed soon.

Pros: Price, reliability.
Cons: Lack of nearby dealers.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

LK3054 Kioti
Kioti Kicker
Model Year: 1990

I'm the third owner of my Kioti LK3054. As far as attachments, I have a snow blower, rototiller, flail mower, finish mower, a front loader, and a factor excavator. We use it for field mowing, excavating, garden tending, tree maintenance, and moving heavy objects around the property. It's a traditional gear driven tractor with hydraulics to control the attachments. It's large enough for what we do but I could use another 10 horsepower in the powerplant (rated at 30 horsepower). I don't know the year of the manufacture, but I'm guessing it's at least 20 years old. It's more tractor than what most non-farmers need, but just the right size for my 15 acres.

Pros: Traditional gear driven.
Cons: Could use a bigger engine.

4.00 star(s)
RidgeHiker

LK3054 Kioti
Kioti LK3054
Model Year: 1999

Bought used with a little over 200 hours about 2.5 years ago from the original owner. We live in the mountains and have used it to clear snow, grade driveways, level building sites, etc. Has the KL122 loader with a 54" bucket which is a little light duty but has served our needs. I will be putting a 60" bucket on it sooner or later to clear a wider path of snow. We also have a 5' box scraper and a back blade. The power and traction seem adequate for the equipment we have. It has R1 AG tires which provide solid grip for most activities, but I still found it beneficial to purchase chains for the rear tires for the traction I want at times in clearing snow. Tractor is pretty basic without all the features of newer ones. It would be nice to have more hydraulic hookups. Battery access is a total pain. The previous owner told us how it took him several hours to put in a new battery 2 years before he purchased it and it was difficult to just get jumper cables on it when I needed to last year. Have had a few electrical issues. The blinking warning lights did not work as well as the turn signals. Took a while to find the problem. It is a heavy tractor for it's size which provides better traction. If I was buying a new tractor and not concerned with cost, I would buy a little larger one with a bigger bucket and more power to be able to move more snow, but have no complaints about the size.

Pros: Solid, heavy built, reasonable power for it's size.
Cons: Basic.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
denachuck

LK3054 Kioti
Solid, Basic Tractor
Model Year: 2008

I've owned this for just a few months, and have used it with a the Kioti model front end loader, box blade and landscape rake while performing excavation work for a new house. While I rent equipment to excavate the holes and trenches, I've used the 3054 for back fill and final grading around the site. I've put over 80 hours on it in 3-months and it has been a solid tractor. I'd buy another one in an instant. I've had the glow plugs fail, and right now the differential lock won't engage, but I suspect these will be easy repairs. To date. I've moved over 1,500 tons of gravel during construction.

Pros: Solid construction, good power.
Cons: None yet.

4.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

LK3054 Kioti
Great Value
Model Year: 2002

Nice little machine that has been used for general land maintenance (mowing, grading and stuff) and light logging. The hydraulics for the loader leave much to be desired but other than it is a solid machine. Has needed a valve cover gasket and water pump over the last 200 operating hours.

Pros: Performs well.
Cons: Loader has weak hydraulics.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

LK3054 Kioti
Bullet Proof
Model Year: 1994

I purchased this tractor new in 1994. Back then no one ever heard of Kioti and everyone thought it was a Kubota. I put it to work right away in my landscape and grading business. The only problem that I ever had with the tractor was when the front axle broke loose because of faulty welds from the factory. A welder friend re-welded it back in place and it's been running ever since. I have recently purchased two Kubotas and do not use the Kioti much, but she is willing to go after sitting for months after a little warming from the glow plugs.

Pros: A solid machine, more solid than some of the green ones that are built in India today
Cons: Mine had poor welds on the frame connecting the front axle