Kubota MX5100 Reviews

5.00 star(s)
Kyle241

MX5100 Kubota
Excellent Tractor
Model Year: 2011

So far I have only 23hrs on my MX5100 and am very happy with the tractor. I also got the BH92 at time of purchase and it has more than met my expectations. Plenty of lift capacity with the LA844 and the BH breakout force is so much more than my B20. So far I have tilled about an acre with a 3 bottom plough and disc'ed without any problems.

Pros: Great power, comfortable.
Cons: The tool box added below the right foot pedel rattles so I removed it. Besides what can one fit in it?

5.00 star(s)
fughb

MX5100 Kubota
Kubota MX5100HST
Model Year: 2010

Well pleased so far. The hydrostatic pedal seemed awkward at first but a little getting used to it and raising the seat up with spacers and longer bolts, eased the situation for a taller (6ft.+) operator. Seems like a lot of weight bias to the front with the LA844 loader, even with rear tire ballast. Don't even consider the two wheel drive model with the loader, it would be almost helpless. Seems to use a lot of fuel, but part of that is the small tank size, making frequent refills necessary. Needs a park brake on warning light.

Pros: Power, easy handling, hydrostat drive, extendable lower links.
Cons: Heavy front weight bias.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MX5100 Kubota
Kubota 50HP

Overall, a good tractor. Good ergonomics. Routing of hoses etc makes it good in the woods compared with some other brands. Prior to purchase, I read that some users complain that the steering is restricted when a heavy load is fully raised in the bucket. This is true, but who drives around with a big load fully raised on the bucket? Not an issue.

Pros: Price. Lots of power. Good financing options.
Cons: Stock front tires not puncture resistant -- easily holed by thorns. Slight jitter in rear arms when lifting, but to be expected in a utility tractor.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

MX5100 Kubota
MX 5100
Model Year: 2009

I purchased a Kubota MX5100 in June of 2010. I bought it as my primary farm tractor to work my 80 acre farm and also to take care of another 35 acres for the Ramsey Farm Foundation. I have worked this machine. It has been used on my HM234 New Holland disc mower, a wheel rake, and to pull a Hesston 5134 round baler on 40 acres of hay for the past three seasons. I have used a 6 ft. brush mower on it on a total of 75 acres. This past year I used it to no-till 20 acres of soybeans with my home made John Deere 7000 two row no-till planters and then pulled a chisel plow on the same acreage with it this fall. I bought this tractor to use and use it I have. I have read other reviews that said that they are hard on fuel. I pulled it as hard as it will and found that it will use about 1.5 gal / hour in moderate to full draft conditions and 2.0 to 2.25 gal / hour in heavy draft conditions. A couple of things that I found: One, the fuel gauge is a bit goofy. It looks as if the machine is drinking fuel but actually it is the gauge that is inaccurate. Two, the PTO lever is in an inconvenient area. It is hard to reach in a hurry. Three, the hydraulic levers are small and hard to use. I always end up using only one remote because it has the longest actuator lever. Four, it is light in the rear end. I don't like fluid in the tires so I bought all the rear wheel weights I could. This really helped on the slippage. I found that the horse power curve is good. The tractor really delivers as long as the RPM's are up over 2600. The torque really drops off fast as the RPM's drop. It does a decent job of lugging. I cut down a Landoll pull type chisel plow to three shanks and I was pulling it in 50 year old north Missouri sod at 8 to 12 inches of depth. The only real problem that I have had with it is that it has failed to start a couple of times. It has to be a loose electrical connection or a bad relay somewhere but I can't find the problem. One gripe that I do have is that it is really light on the rear with the loader attachment. My tractor is the F series and does not have the mechanical front wheel drive option. If I were to do it again I would get the four wheel drive for loader ops. In wet conditions it tends to spin and mire down. It also performs poorly in the snow. At the time I could not afford the four wheel drive feature. I make do. I found that chains really help out a lot with the traction problems. I just don't like to put them on. Overall this has been a great purchase. I am really impressed with the machine and its performance. I have put the tractor to every use I have needed it for and have not been timid to use it. I realize it is Kubotas bare bones model but you really get a lot of bang for your buck. The biggest reason that I bought it over other competitors is that it is made in Japan. I looked at Deere and Case IH and when I found out that they were made in India, I chose the Kubota. So far I haven't regretted it. Yeah, its not a model with all the bells and whistles but it is a solid little work horse with a price tag that a beginner can afford. I also like the financing deal... 60 months at zero interest really makes owning the machine much easier. All in all, its a keeper.

Pros: Good performance, affordable price, reliable.
Cons: Creature comforts not the best.

5.00 star(s)
tkiranch

MX5100 Kubota
Kubota MX 5100 Review
Model Year: 0

I received this tractor for my retirement present from my wife. It is a 2 wheel drive MX 5100 with a LA 834 loader. We got the Backhoe 92 attachment in 2010. I have had this tractor for 3 years now and have used it to mow, plow the driveway and other chores. I have not had any major problems, other than bending the 3 point sway braces, losing a knob here and there, it has been a very good tractor, I tend to over maintain it. I have the fluids changed each year, even with low hours. I would recommend this tractor and this company to anyone who asks. DOC J

Pros: Power, ease of use, attatchments available.
Cons: There is a tool box bracket with the back hoe kit, but they dont offer a tool box?

4.00 star(s)
ivo antony

MX5100 Kubota
KUBOTA MX5100HST

A terrific tractor from day one. 50 HP HST model so very easy to operate with no changing of gears required for forward/reverse. The 3 gear ranges seem to be adequate. The front end loader with 4 way bucket has plenty of power & is very manageable in small areas & is also able to tackle harder jobs, excavating, forming driveways & lifting rocks with surprising ease. The 50hp motor is very smooth - does not miss a beat.

Pros: Easy remove/refitting of FEL. Makes any job you have to do so much easier,
Cons: Beware of FEL operation as tractor has quite a narrow wheel base & a rollover would be easy. Rear hydraulic 3 point linkage lift not silky smooth.

5.00 star(s)
EHargroves

MX5100 Kubota
MX5100DT 4WD

I did a lot of research on this MX5100DT 4WD/Diesel before purchasing it. I got it with the LA844 FEL, AG Tires, SS QA Coupler, 72" SS QA bucket, Fiberglass Canopy, Kubota RTR 1574 Rotary Tiller, and a Land Pride RCR 2672 Rotary Cutter. I later purchased a set of SVL 90 Pallet Forks. I mainly use the tractor to keep our family farm in Arkansas, from the 1800's mowed. It has a 100'+ wide power line that runs from one side of the 150 acres to the other. The property also has about a 10 acre 40' wide gas line easement that runs the opposite direction of the power line. There are enough acres in pasture to get 35-40 large round bales of hay. I mainly keep all the grass cut down on the property so it will not all be in forest and woods which most of the property is. We hunt on the old family farm so you can imagine how much tractor time we get mowing and putting in food plots. I have mowed the last two seasons, twice a year. This tractor is easy to operate and will work all day for you. You just have to remember to always balance your load front and back. Great tractor.

Pros: Great power, easy to operate, very attractive tractor.
Cons: Must make sure tractor load is always balanced.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Ted Summey

MX5100 Kubota
Kubota MX5100

I purchased the 2wd MX5100 with the matching FEL for general purpose work on our farm. It is used for hay raking and teddering, hauling fire wood and working land for food plots, garden and some limited row crops. So far the tractor and loader have performed mostly as expected. I replaced a MF 135 with the MX5100 and have found the Kubota to be a good replacement. My only concern has been that the tractor is light in the rear with an empty FEL bucket even with loaded tires. I haven't gotten stuck (yet) but the tractor does have a hard time on a wet slope sometimes. I have learned to keep the carryall or the 6ft rotary tiller attached to help prevent the light rear end from spinning the tires.

Pros: Good value, power, FEL, and versatility.
Cons: Lightweight rear end, tractor spins more than expected.

5.00 star(s)
wsikkema

MX5100 Kubota
Japanese, But?

Looked at JD that was the same size and features but was 6000 more. Not many hours yet but have had no issues.

Pros: Very affordable.
Cons: None yet.

4.00 star(s)
rdavisjr87

MX5100 Kubota
Kubota MX 5100

I originally bought it for home use on three acres. Ended up using it to clear 10 acres of pine trees was very impressed with power and performance. Found it to be light in the rear when using FEL! Loaded the rear tires. It solved every thing! Baled hay last season. Done great with 8 ft cutter and rake! Just purchased the 3 rear remotes! Also, all new hay equipment Vermeer 504n baler, 6 disc cutter and 10 wheel speed rake ! Will update how it goes! Oh and for dealers I bought it at seal in Woodville Miss. Easy purchase but very unhappy with there after the sale service ! I now deal with Farm Belt in Brookheven. Miss. Very happy with there knowledge ,sales, and service

Pros: Very strong for it size, shuttle trams makes FEL work a breeze! Works well in tight spots or big fields on the farm.
Cons: Wish it had the hyd. ride seat like the L series, 2700 RPM's for 540 pro speed just seems funny.