Click Bond Mirror mounts

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
About a month ago I installed some click Bond fasteners and mounted a set of mirrors on my MX5100. Now after a month i can say these are the BEST mounts you could ever ask for or buy. I been brush hogging a bunch and the mirrors often take a limb and get knocked backwards or forwards and it never bothered the fasteners. Most of my brush cutting work is on ATV trails and farm roads so it is some times rather rough and lots of things to catch mirrors on. I personally didn't want to drill holes in the tractor so I went with the Click Bond fasters after reading about them on this site. All I can say is buy some, they are GREAT!
Also want to thank DragonEggs as he was a BIG help and answered any questions I had.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 464
   / Click Bond Mirror mounts #2  
That is exactly how I would like to get a set of mirrors
Where did you get the mirrors and the click bond?

Looks perfect to me, nice and clean

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts
Thanks - The Click Bonds are from Electrical Hub but there is another place called the The Flight Shop Inc. that carries all their products. The Elec. Hub really hit me hard on shipping so I would look around a little bit but the fasteners are worth the effort!
The mirrors were Golf Cart Mirrors off Ebay - Think they were right around $25 dollars. 4Shorts gave me the info and for the price I thought they were pretty nice. I LOVE having them on when I have to run down the road to the other farm, easy to tell if someone is coming up behind me.

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #4  
I was going to use old school camper special mirrors that would allow the mirrors to pivot if a branch or something hit them, but your design is great

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #5  
Great install, Code54. Did you sand down the surface before installing the click-bonds?

Thank you.

You use something that is like a scotch bright pad that basically just takes off the "gloss" but leaves the paint intact. You can buy a little "kit" that has the epoxy and mixing stuff included for a few dollars. Really a simple install and well worth the money for the mounts instead of drilling in my opinion.

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #7  
Looking good!!! Glad you like them. I have Click Bond fasteners supporting mirrors, lights, and the wiring on my BX. Of course I am biased but this THE way to mount just about anything to your tractor, ATV, RV, boat, airplane, satellite, ha, ha... I am happy to help anyone with questions you may have.

As Code54 said, it is a light scuff and solvent wipe prior to bonding unless you are going to mount something where you are expecting hundreds or even thousands of pounds of load. In those cases, you need to get down to bare metal.

You are not alone using these things... one of our biggest customers is Boeing and just about everything flying these days has CB parts on them!

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #8  
Code54 -

What size stud did you get for those mirrors?

/ Click Bond Mirror mounts #9  
Code54 -

What size stud did you get for those mirrors?
I used CS125 studs. They are 1.25in base diameter with a 1/4-20 by 1in long threaded and I double nutted them. A simple locknut would be a bit cleaner. Probably should cut the protruding stud flush but I got lazy. Obviously you could go shorter but these are most popular size/length and Electrical Hub always has stock of these.

IMG_2327.jpg

I used CS125 studs. They are 1.25in base diameter with a 1/4-20 by 1in long threaded and I double nutted them. A simple locknut would be a bit cleaner. Probably should cut the protruding stud flush but I got lazy. Obviously you could go shorter but these are most popular size/length and Electrical Hub always has stock of these.

View attachment 383328
Yep - I ran by our local Fastenal and bought some locknuts and it worked GREAT! The guys at the store were also really interested in that "weird fastener" that I was using and I mentioned they should be selling them!