Mahindra 3535 4.50 star(s) (12)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Mahindra 3535.
25-50 HP Tractors
1704761672.jpg

About the Mahindra 3535

Mahindra 3535 Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 3535 topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (12)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Mahindra 3535 Subcompact Tractor
75 %
17 %
0 %
0 %
8 %
5.00 star(s)
DHnMaine

3535 Mahindra
Mahindra 3535 replaces 3510
Model Year: 2009

Bought this Mahindra 3535 after months of researching compact tractors. I have 30 acres with 6+ acres of field and the rest is woods with some lowland. Very rough, rocky, hilly terrain. I needed something to clear my 750ft driveway, mow the field, and haul firewood, among other lower priority items. After reviewing more than five other makes and models in detail I decided to go with the 3535 due to its size, weight, and lifting capacity - all of which are the largest for its class. Reading other reviews indicated to me that the majority of Mahindra owners are satisfied with their tractors. I've had the tractor for a month now and have not regretted the purchase. The tractor has ample power for digging, pulling and lifting on every job I've thrown at it. Controls are easy to reach and use, operators platform has ample space for me (I'm 6'-2"). In general the tractor is put together well and with attention to functionality and usability. Price point was about the middle of the models I compared it too. Much less than the John Deere which was actually my top pick (I've always wanted to own a Deere, but alas they're just too darn expensive). The one concern I do have is ground clearance. The frame of the loader sits fairly low to the ground, and when I've been in the mud (which there's lots of in Maine in April) I have had trouble getting hung up on rocks. No problem though, as I've been able to pull myself out with the loader / 4wd. Also of note is the loader hydraulic speed, which is slower than some I've used. I will update this review as I put more hours on the tractor and can attest to its reliability or lack thereof, but for now I'm very happy with my selection.

Pros: Weight, size, lifting capacity
Cons: Could have more ground clearance

Photo Uploads:

1.00 star(s)
Rando

3535 Mahindra
Model Year: 2010

Tractor has been in for repairs for about 20-25% of the time owned. I've emailed and called Mahindra in Texas for help and all I get is "someone will contact you soon." They never do. This time the dealer has had it for 2 months now and I just found out they will have it another month waiting for parts.

Pros: When it worked it was great.
Cons: Very unreliable and Mahindra doesn't help after the sale.

5.00 star(s)
Bozmobile

3535 Mahindra
Homework
Model Year: 2011

If you do your homework like you should when making a major purchase you can't help but take a hard look at the Mahindra line of tractors. These tractors are very well engineered and build. For the money, I don't think that they can be beat! The 3535 with FEL was perfect for my needs.

Pros: Quality vs. price.
Cons: Dealerships not well established in WNY.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
OklahomaHillbilly

3535 Mahindra
Mahindra 3535
Model Year: 0

So far I am most pleased with this tractor. Full disclosure: It replaced a 60's model Ford 2000 so doing better than that wasn't hard. I have looked at Mahindras for a long time and finally decided to pull the trigger. I have been very pleased with its power and ability. No reliability issues so far. I did have an issue with the PTO hard starting. It sheered the pin on the brush hog in a microsecond if the idle wasn't all the way down when the PTO was engaged. I understand this is common to the early 3535 series tractors and there is a 'fix' that costs me nothing.

Pros: Price point vs. Kubota etc.
Cons: Sure wished it worked perfect from the starting line.

5.00 star(s)
rattln

3535 Mahindra
Initial
Model Year: 2012

Only one hydraulic leak after delivery.

Pros: Great mid sized tractor.
Cons: None.

5.00 star(s)
gbcdmd

3535 Mahindra
Mahindra 3535

This is an excellent heavy duty compact tractor. Although well designed, it had some production short comings that could have caused significant damage. The steering cylinder came loose and nearly fell off. A heat shield on the exhaust fell off and fortunately lodged where it could do no damage. If the heat shield had fallen the other direction, it would have hit the fan blades. An 8" propriety hydraulic hose failed at 250 hours and appeared to be defective. But once these "bugs" were corrected, the tractor seem to be durable. There were other small issues at the beginning like hydraulic leaks which were easily corrected. 1000 hours will be the real test. I would recommend this tractor because it is significantly heavier in design than it's comparable competitors. I use this tractor to grade 2.5 miles of private road so it gets a considerable workout.

Pros: Heavy duty, powerful, and well designed.
Cons: Quality control on final product could be better. Customer support is mediocre.

5.00 star(s)
gbcdmd

3535 Mahindra
Mahindra 3535

I love my Mahindra 3535. It is a heavy, powerful machine. My only complaint is that it was not assembled well. Parts that should not have come loose (like the steering cylinder and an exhaust shield) came loose before 50 hours of use. Fortunately I caught the problems before any damage was done in both cases. Small leak problems (cooling and hydraulic) due to loose connections were a problem at the beginning. I also had a propriety hydraulic hose fail because it was faulty at the union between the hose and the nipple. I have used the machine primarily to grade 2 miles of private road. I pull a 1300 pound land plane to grade and the Mahindra performs terrifically. Most times I do not need four wheel drive. I love the Mahindra and had a Yanmar previously which I blew up after 18 years of road grading. The Mahindra is a well built, heavy duty machine that should be assembled better. In my opinion, it is higher quality than the other tractors in its class.

Pros: Heavy duty, powerful, and well designed.
Cons: Poorly assembled.

5.00 star(s)
Mahindra3535

3535 Mahindra
Great So Far!
Model Year: 2013

I have put about 13 hours on my tractor. I have used it to till in the garden, put out mulch, and bushhog the pasture. It have been great.

Pros: Everything.
Cons: Nothing yet.

4.00 star(s)
gvann

3535 Mahindra
Nuts and Bolts
Model Year: 2012

When I got the tractor, it had 14 hrs. I was all I thought it was going to be. Then I was working on the stands and it studied asked a mechanic about it he said that it was normal when it went from one fuel setting to another. Then it got worst, when they checked it out, they found scored injectors, and fuel pump. then when plowing snow it had hyd. line come out if crimp, replace lineouts fix. Had 35 hrs. on tractor. Then got it back and plowing snow hyr. line at banjo fitting cracked. Got that fixed 51 hrs. At 88 hrs. disking fields to plant tractor started on fire hyr. line touching starter lead just got it back. Oh, by the way, they replaced the PIF fitting on fuel pump for studier. Hope that all 6/24/2014. but lots of power and love the setup, and handle when it works.

Pros: Like he setup, power and handling. Warranty is working.
Cons: In shop too much.

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

3535 Mahindra
Great tractor

I have had my 3535 mahindra for several years I have 7 acres to mow and also use it for other things such as driveway maintanence ( hauling gravel etc ) Hauling firewood in bucket , Landscaping, etc I have little over 200 hours and have had a grand total of zero problems- I had it serviced at the 50 hour mark as recommended- next service is 300 hours This machine is a work horse I would highly recommend this I considered John Deere and kabota But the price and warranty made me chose mahindra and I'm glad I did

Pros: Heavy tractor- lots power- as reliable as the sun comming up
Cons: Honestly- can't think of ant

[ad placeholder]

Mahindra 3535 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Mahindra 3535s

Mahindra 3535 Community Rankings

#395 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#221 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#999 user rating of 27027 items overall
#749 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall

Highest Rated in This Category

No results found.