Massey Ferguson 231S 4.30 star(s) (4)

Information, reviews, photos, discussion topics, owner pages, and specifications about the Massey Ferguson 231S.
25-50 HP Tractors

About the Massey Ferguson 231S

Massey Ferguson 231S Discussions (0)

Here are the most recent 231S topics from our community.
No discussions tagged.
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (4)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the Massey Ferguson 231S Subcompact Tractor
50 %
25 %
25 %
0 %
0 %
3.00 star(s)
charlesd

231S Massey Ferguson
My 231s Problems
Model Year: 2002

I've put about 100 hrs on it since I bought it. The only problem I've had is a Tach Cable broke---- The only thing I don't like about it is--It seems to be a little to loud for me.

Pros: Its a good little tractor
Cons: Its loud

4.00 star(s)
Fluoronator

231S Massey Ferguson
Basic Garden Tractor

I bought this tractor to bush-hog about 6 acres and to do a little box blade work. I chose the 231S mainly because it was in my price range. I didn't have a lot of money to spend, but I wanted a tractor with enough HP to drive a 6 foot cutter and blade. The tractor is very basic but also very well built and reliable. The only issue has been two broken tach cables. From my reading I have found that this is a common problem with this model. The first one broke while under warranty at about 40 hrs. The second one broke a couple of years later and I purchased a replacement. This time I packed the cable with grease and found a way to route the cable with easier bends. From the factory the cable has a sharp bend where it connects to the motor. It can be moved in a way to eliminate the sharp bend. The 3rd cable has been running for about 400hrs without breaking.

Pros: Basic but solid. Low cost. Plenty of power for my 6 foot cutter and 5 foot tiller.
Cons: Gears are hard to change without grinding. No parts or service manual is in publication. Difficult to find replacement parts online.

5.00 star(s)
Mark Page

231S Massey Ferguson
Great Tractor

During the ten years I owned it I never spent a dime in repairs. Always started right up, even in the coldest weather. Plenty of power for any job. Its only fault was mediocre performance in 16+ inches of snow. I should have bought the 4wd version. Sipped fuel.

Pros: Reliability.
Cons: No 4wd.

5.00 star(s)
MikeL1

231S Massey Ferguson
Good Machine
Model Year: 2001

Good machine, MF232 loader is strong. No local dealer is somewhat of a problem.

Pros: Easy on fuel.
Cons: Small operators station.

[ad placeholder]

Massey Ferguson 231S Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner Massey Ferguson 231Ss

Massey Ferguson 231S Community Rankings

#492 user rating of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1116 Viewed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#31 discussed of 2355 25-50 HP Tractors items
#1245 user rating of 27027 items overall
#3872 Viewed of 27027 items overall
#61 discussed of 27027 items overall
#7 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27027 items overall

Highest Rated in This Category

No results found.