toyota tundra daully

/ toyota tundra daully #11  
I love my diesel pickup but I'd have some reservation replacing it with another diesel....diesel fuel is about $1 a gallon more than gas now. Or in other words about 65-70% MORE:eek: Numbers like that make it tough to justify a diesel, particularly when routine maintenance costs are higher, 14 quart oil changes with a $10 filter etc. When I bought my first diesel in 1983 it was cheaper than gas....

Yeah, but don't forget at trade in as long as it has more than 100K on the odometer, you'll average $5,000 when you sell it. Also, don't forget with similar maintenance, a diesel will last 3X as long as a gasser.

So far I'm not impressed with the gas powered alternatives. I think the Chrysler Hemis are nice for racing, but not for work. The 8.1L GM was a moster, but discontinued. If GM survives, there's a rumor the new 6L 400HP gas mill currently in the Escalade might make its' way into the HD.

The Ford V-10 is a good gas mill and the best gasser still available in an HD pickup, but I would think nothing less than 400HP & 600TQ is going to be needed in the future to give it something reasonably close to the power of today's current diesels. There's no way today's gas motor can make power down at low RPM like today's diesels. That needs improvement.

/ toyota tundra daully #12  
I think the Chrysler Hemis are nice for racing, but not for work. The 8.1L GM was a moster, but discontinued.

I like my 8.2 and 9.4 liter Chevy gas engines for racing. They do quite well actually. With a 5500 RPM stall in the car with the 8.2 liter Chevy using the 6800 RPM rev limiter chip, I'd describe the launch off the line as "violent". :)

/ toyota tundra daully #13  
So far I'm not impressed with the gas powered alternatives. I think the Chrysler Hemis are nice for racing, but not for work.

You are right on with that observation in my eyes. I had a 2500 extended cab 4x4 with a Hemi and it would pass everything but a gas station but was not that good as a tow vehicle. At least I was not impressed. It made plenty of HP but the torque was not made at a usable rpm for my needs, you had to rev it way up to pull a boat out of the drink. If you look at most other gas offerings from Ford or GM, even the 5.4 Ford and the 5.3 GM, they make 80% or so of the torque below 2000 rpm or so, much more usable in a towing application.

Chris

/ toyota tundra daully #14  
I like my 8.2 and 9.4 liter Chevy gas engines for racing. They do quite well actually. With a 5500 RPM stall in the car with the 8.2 liter Chevy using the 6800 RPM rev limiter chip, I'd describe the launch off the line as "violent". :)

Man, those are some impressive drag race cars you must have there!!! Takes a lot of coin to run those babies!!!

Some guy (I can't remember his name) reamed me out about talking about possessions on the interent, so I don't talk about all my stuff I own on the internet anymore.

I'd just as soon have everyone think I live in a trailer park, even if I don't. ;)

Hope you understand. :D

/ toyota tundra daully #15  
You are right on with that observation in my eyes. I had a 2500 extended cab 4x4 with a Hemi and it would pass everything but a gas station but was not that good as a tow vehicle. At least I was not impressed. It made plenty of HP but the torque was not made at a usable rpm for my needs, you had to rev it way up to pull a boat out of the drink. If you look at most other gas offerings from Ford or GM, even the 5.4 Ford and the 5.3 GM, they make 80% or so of the torque below 2000 rpm or so, much more usable in a towing application.

Chris

That's the whole ballgame, D/P.

The thing most guys don't realize about diesels is the off-pedal torque they make. The more the better when towing heavy loads. The more torque down low RPM, the better the fuel economy.

/ toyota tundra daully #16  
Even if that Toyota comes to fruitation, which is doubtful at least for the near future, would you folks that like Toyota's really buy one the first time out? Way back when, I had six Toyota's including a 78' Diesel and no way would I buy one first time out.

I think you can deep six the light duty diesel engines. Fringe market and all. The "big three" have much larger issues to address at the moment.

/ toyota tundra daully #17  
The Toyota chickie is cute; but if only this was filmed at a European car show, she would have been dressed more appropriate. :D

/ toyota tundra daully #18  
Man, those are some impressive drag race cars you must have there!!! Takes a lot of coin to run those babies!!!

Some guy (I can't remember his name) reamed me out about talking about possessions on the interent, so I don't talk about all my stuff I own on the internet anymore.

I'd just as soon have everyone think I live in a trailer park, even if I don't. ;)

Hope you understand. :D

Aww, somebody upset because I don't have my every possession with every option on them listed?? ;)

/ toyota tundra daully #20  
Hello Tabitha! :)