tire air pressure

/ tire air pressure #1  

greenmule

Platinum Member
I tried this on kioti forum,but there is alot more traffic here and I think many of you have simular sized tractor and tires,so will try here,[any others welcome too]
I got size 15-19.5 titan rear tires, r4, on my ck30,[weighs about 3,000 according to book,no loader.
Book says 30 psi rear[not min or max,just 30],50 in front.
Trying to maximize traction.
I now have 20 rear,30 front,[they are loaded with methinal]

I think this even might be a little too much in the rears.

Any advise is appriecated.

/ tire air pressure #2  
I learned that I need to keep the maximum plus a pound or two in my fronts to prevent loosing air pressure when turning with a full loader... otherwise, the front tires have a tendency to want to roll off the rim.

Rear Tires are foamed filled... so I can't venture an opinion.

/ tire air pressure #3  
Keep the fronts blown up to the max and the reaers low enugh to have the full face of the tread on the ground. Mine are less than 10 psi with loaded tires. More weight on the rear may require more air. Drive on dry concrete with wet tires and you will be able to see how much tread is on the ground. Right or wrong that's how I do it.

Dan

/ tire air pressure #4  
Keep the fronts blown up to the max and the reaers low enugh to have the full face of the tread on the ground. Mine are less than 10 psi with loaded tires. More weight on the rear may require more air. Drive on dry concrete with wet tires and you will be able to see how much tread is on the ground. Right or wrong that's how I do it.

Dan

That's what I do. Kubota says to inflate my 14.9-28 to 28? lbs. That's enough to make them float so I do as the above quote says and wind up at 10-12 psi. I keep loader tires high.
My 18.4-30 rear radials on a 7500 lb JD 5520 are 7 psi!

/ tire air pressure #5  
Any advise is appriecated.

I wish I had the answer. My BX2660 left front tire requires air every week. It goes almost flat after sitting in the garage for a week. I pump it to 25 (max is 22) and it works fine for the hour or two of use.
I suppose the leak is around the rim; I've not been able to tell where it is when pouring soapy water on it.

/ tire air pressure #6  
I wish I had the answer. My BX2660 left front tire requires air every week. It goes almost flat after sitting in the garage for a week. I pump it to 25 (max is 22) and it works fine for the hour or two of use.
I suppose the leak is around the rim; I've not been able to tell where it is when pouring soapy water on it.

I'd put a tube put in it or you'll drive yourself nuts. If you're a purist, you can take the tire off, buff and clean the bead area on the rim, replace the valve stem, and try reseating the tire. Other thing you can do is overinflate the tire and put it in a tub to look for leaks (the wife usually has something used to cook turkey in that works good as a water tub).

Whenever I get a flat on a tire that requires pulling the tire off the rim, I pay the extra to have a tube installed.

/ tire air pressure
Thanks for the help.
Yeah confirms what I'm thinking about the rears,on the goodyear/titan site they call them skidsteer/loader tires and rate them to support over 6,000 lbs each at 30 psi[if I was reading that right],tractor weighs [according to book] a little over 3,000,so even with me and 5-600 lb tiller on back it probably wouldn't go over 4,000.Plus it ain't a skid steer of course.

Will try that wet tire/concrete thing.

Don't have a loader on front.

Just use it on dirt in low range.

Just checking,didn't want it to spin on rim or pop off or something strange like that,first tractor with these super dupper wide r4's,didn't know if maybe they are so stiff,low pressure might make them act different than other tires. Think they are not radial,but bias or regular tires,radials are supposed to bulge alittle I think[car/truck tires do].
Got 20 in back now and notice them looking not really any different as to when they had thirty,maybe a little,will check them out a little more,go down a few more lbs I think,thanks.

As far as that leak ps vines has,would try slime,it works,got another tractor that has tubeless ag tires,was leaking beside valve stem,down in rim[not a good spot to try and seal,],rear tire,put about 4 qts of slime in it and let it set with valve stem at bottom so whole area would about be covered,it worked,[well so far,ain't really used it since,but its still got air in it 3-4 months later].

/ tire air pressure #8  

Had the same problem till I put Slime in both fronts... holds pressure just fine now.

/ tire air pressure
Yeah that slime does work generaly speaking,on front though it wouldn't be that hard to take it off and bring it to a good tire shop. Mine was on back,big tires,with a big wheel weight,figured I try it first,[even though I didn't have much faith because of where leak was],its held air for 3 months or so,but I havn't used it since so will be surprised if it don't leak again due to location.
Lawnmowers and other small tires,can't beat it,I got an old troybuilt horse tiller and the tires are dry rotted with cracks that would hold playing cards in by there edges,still leak a little if its sets all winter,but you air them up and run it a while to stir that slime up holds air for months,[might have to break down and put new tires on it though before spring!]

/ tire air pressure
One other thing that reinforces my notion that 30 psi is to much for those r4 tires on my little tractor is the book also says to use 26 for my tractor if its got r1-ag tires,no plus or minus,just 26,now That really seems to high for ag tires,says they are 6 ply but....you would think diffently under 20 psi for ag's,but whata I know,new stuff,new rules,but betting they are just playing it safe,they gotta cover their butts,