Ford 1900 compact diesel

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #1  

Fountain38

Greetings all,

I have a 1982 1900 compact Ford Diesel two wheel drive tractor that won't start. I'm getting frustrated so I am turning to you all for some help.

Quick background---tractor ran great and my dad pulled it into barn and killed it. One Week later it would not start.-----Fast forward to now--Tractor has been setting for 12-14 months. I start diagnosing the problem. Injectors are plugged, or so they seem, so I pull them and have them rebuilt by a diesel tech business in Tulsa Ok. Put them back in and tractor will still not run. Everything seems ok, compression, clean fuel, clean filter, no water, etc....Since tractor was running when he killed it 14 months ago and then one week later it won't start, I am lost. Could it be the injector pump is not pumping enough pressure to atomize the nozzles? The throttle lever is a combo kill/ throttle lever. Pushing the lever all the way forward kills the tractor. I can get the tractor to fire, sputter, and bellow out black smoke, but not start. I do notice that you have to have the throttle lever all the way open to even get it to fire. Anything less it won't fire at all. That leave me to believe that the lever is maybe not allowing the internal fuel shutoff valve to open properly. By the way the glow plugs are all good and hot. And I know all about air being in the lines--I have bleed them until I am bleed dry:)

Anyone have any thoughts?? I would appreciate any help.

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #2  
Are you using the glowplugs when you try to start it.. On my 1900 I have to use them summer or winter when the engine is cold. Have you bled the injector lines at the injectors. Have you taken the fuel line off at the pump to check flow to the pump.
Bill

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel
yes to all questions----that is why I am so frustrated,

Thanks for your help

Im pulling the pump tomorrow and taking it in the be checked out,

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #5  
Could the linkage have slipped on the pump shaft not alowing the pump to move from the off position.
Bill

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #6  
Make sure there is no restriction in air filter.

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #8  
How about timing on the injector pump. How did you install and time it after repair. How about injectors and their spray pattern?

JC,

/ Ford 1900 compact diesel #9  
have you bleed the injector hardlines?

have you tried to pull start it?

soundguy

Well the pump was bad. Now I have it reinstalled and I need to know how to time it. The gears are timed but I'm not sure the eccentric offset gear on the pump is timed right. It runs but has no power. Short of spending lots of dollars with the dealer does anyone know the correct timing procedure. Thanks for your help.