Avoiding Tax on New Tractor??

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #101  
A UCC filing is automatically sent to the AG's office and in some states, such as CT, a copy sent to the county, then town.. The MAss dpt of revenue (DOES) check with the AG and does, get all new UCC filings, so to avoid this is asking for more trouble than it is worth to save 1300 or so.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #102  
A UCC filing is automatically sent to the AG's office and in some states, such as CT, a copy sent to the county, then town.. The MAss dpt of revenue (DOES) check with the AG and does, get all new UCC filings, so to avoid this is asking for more trouble than it is worth to save 1300 or so.

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #103  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( so to avoid this is asking for more trouble than it is worth to save 1300 or so. )</font>

Avoidance is easy, buy here in NH and pay cash. You get the best of both worlds, no sales tax and no monthly payments /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #104  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( so to avoid this is asking for more trouble than it is worth to save 1300 or so. )</font>

Avoidance is easy, buy here in NH and pay cash. You get the best of both worlds, no sales tax and no monthly payments /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #105  
very true,
however, very few people can afford to pay cash for a tractor., Or at least the people I know... If this guy pays cash, he wins, simple

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #106  
very true,
however, very few people can afford to pay cash for a tractor., Or at least the people I know... If this guy pays cash, he wins, simple

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #107  
I just Bought a 5103 and LX6 cutterand avioded sales tax beacause I have 2 geldings and "plan" and getting a mare to breed clydesdales

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #108  
what if you borrow money from a bank and send a check?.....and tractor is delivered to home in WV?......
If I had a tax exempling number I wouldn't have to even worry about it..and the tractor is going to be used in farming (hobby farm)....disabled so, I can't get exempipion?....
From that viewpoint, I don't really feel bad about paying tax....Mike

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #109  
see above message and change to don't feel bad about not paying taxes....Mike

/ Avoiding Tax on New Tractor?? #110  
California's laws are crystal clear. If you go to a neighboring state and buy a tractor, you do not owe the neighboring state's tax (in most cases), but you do owe California Use Tax.
Makes no sense when you think about it, sales tax.. tax on the sale, so why should for example CA be entitled to tax on a sale made by an Oregon dealer?
It wasn't a CA's sale. I might want to buy out of state but more because of a dealer willing to deal. The result leaves a bad taste that CA gets taxes from a sale never made there while I take time off work and travel expenses.

Last edited: