Cleaning Fuel Filters

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters #11  
Cleaning & reusing a fuel filter is ludicrous!

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters
   / Cleaning Fuel Filters #13  
Just wish they would say so in their manuals.
The manuals now (for over 2 years on most) say hydraulic fluids don't need changed at the first 50 hours. Who listens to manuals?:)

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters
The manuals now (for over 2 years on most) say hydraulic fluids don't need changed at the first 50 hours. Who listens to manuals?:)

Well, I actually try to, but yes there are times I just can't do it either.

I didn't replace my transmission fluid at 50 hours on my BX. The Operators Manual on my 2010 M8540 says to change all fluids at 50 hours.

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters #15  
The Operators Manual on my 2010 M8540 says to change all fluids at 50 hours.

And the hydraulic oil was the most expensive part of the 50 Hour service when we did our M8540 a couple of months ago. But cheap in the long run and piece of mind!

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters
And the hydraulic oil was the most expensive part of the 50 Hour service when we did our M8540 a couple of months ago. But cheap in the long run and piece of mind!

Man ain't that the truth. Due to hoses rupturing and FEL problems with our Case this past year, we went through four complete changes.

Changing fluids seems to be a pretty straight forward operation on the M8540 and after the 50 hour won't be needed for a while; still studying my Operators Manual.

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters #17  
Like the others, I replace instead of clean the filter(s)...Have always wondered, if you had 2 of the exact same make/mod tractors and did things "by the book" with one, and "by the common sense" with the other, after 2,000 hours on each, what the wear status would be engine wise and other friction developing areas.

Don

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters #18  
Maybe they are making a distinction between fuel filter and fuel filter element

I found that out when going to order the fuel filter housing that it was called the "fuel filter" and it did not come with the "element".

But then, maybe not. :)

/ Cleaning Fuel Filters #19  
My grandpa just blows it out with the air compressor.:thumbsup: