Rotary Cutter Rhino 172

/ Rhino 172 #1  

Stopher

Tractor
Kubota M6040 HD
Guys, I'm looking at a used 6' Rhino 172. It's fairly new and in great shape. Not sure if the guy will sell it but I want to make him an offer. Also, how Heavy Duty/ Durable is this model? What is a reasonable offer? Will be using it behind a Kubota M 6040. Thanks, Chris.

/ Rhino 172 #2  
Guys, I'm looking at a used 6' Rhino 172. It's fairly new and in great shape. Not sure if the guy will sell it but I want to make him an offer. Also, how Heavy Duty/ Durable is this model? What is a reasonable offer? Will be using it behind a Kubota M 6040. Thanks, Chris.

That's Rhino's light duty mower isn't it? Probably good for pastures and general mowing, small brush 1-1/2" in diameter. Not much more... If it's in great condition, offer him $1200 and see if he bites

/ Rhino 172
I'm not sure if it's the light duty one or not. Would like to have something heavy duty, but can't afford it right now so I'm gonna make an offer on that one for now. Thanks!

/ Rhino 172 #4  
I have one and it has held up good for about 7 years that I owned it. It is not a heavy duty mower and it does a reasonable job mowing grass, clover and such. It will also handle brush up to about 2" diameter. That said though, it does not do as neat of a job mowing as my previous mower (5 ft Bush-hog squealer), but seems more durable and has not required any welding like the Bush-hog did several times. Mine was new when I got it but it had to have the stump-jumper replaced due to shipping damage. The dealer sold it to me for around $1500 if I recall correctly. I use it on a JD 4120 and it is just right for that tractor.

/ Rhino 172 #7  
I have a Rhino TW72. It is their heavy duty model. Bought it 10-12 years ago for $1500.00. That was a good price even back then. Don't know what they go for today.

It has been one great piece of equipment. I have beat the heck out of it on some very rough land, and it keeps on ticking. If it died today, I would have gotten my moneys worth. Don't know about the Rhino light duty models, but my HD model has been good. I suspect the light duty models are just that, light duty. If you don't abuse them, they should be fine.

/ Rhino 172
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. Might just save some money and get a Heavy Duty model.