Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,541  
image-1045724881.jpg

Jim ... Looks about the same here

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,542  
I just now saw a Toyota Tacoma go down the middle of our street with a long rope pulling a guy sitting on a wake board. I guess he doesn't have a proper sled.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,543  
I just got in from chores ... My couple inches is all rock hard solid sleet ... Door on the north end of the farrowing house was stuck shut ... Hogs are all buried deep in the straw bedding and I added more. Inside maintained 70 degrees and those piglets have no idea what's outside.
In the blizzard of 1938, Dad told me, when they dug out the snow to the hogs............they were all okay inside their "igloo".
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,544  
Dennis: I somehow missed telling you to convey my congratulations to your daughter.
Dennis,
I missed out also. Tell your daughter we are all proud of her.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,545  
Congratulation to your daughter Dennis..
My son friend daughter is graduate tonight also from nursing school,, Her dad called and wanted to know if it would be okay to have a bonfire over at the land tomorrow night.. I told them I would furnish the wood.. I got a brush pile that I need to burn.. What’s that old saying,, two birds with one stone.. The way that bunch parties,, she may get to use that new degree tomorrow night.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,546  
In the blizzard of 1938, Dad told me, when they dug out the snow to the hogs............they were all okay inside their "igloo".
hugs, Brandi

:shocked: Brandi, you look so young, who would have known you was talk'n in 1938:D Your sexy for an old lady:eek:
Dennis,
I missed out also. Tell your daughter we are all proud of her.
hugs, Brandi

Thank you . My hope is she can be independent and rely on no man..Then she can pick and choose for the right reasons.

Congratulation to your daughter Dennis..
My son friend daughter is graduate tonight also from nursing school,, Her dad called and wanted to know if it would be okay to have a bonfire over at the land tomorrow night.. I told them I would furnish the wood.. I got a brush pile that I need to burn.. What’s that old saying,, two birds with one stone.. The way that bunch parties,, she may get to use that new degree tomorrow night.:laughing:. Lou

Lou, that is funny right there:laughing: Problem for me is, now I have 2 nurses in the house, so I get left out of the "medical discussions" My recommendation is always the same though, call Kevorkian :eek:

If you have some Crown reserve handy, you may want to have Care flight on "standby":D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,547  
I just now saw a Toyota Tacoma go down the middle of our street with a long rope pulling a guy sitting on a wake board. I guess he doesn't have a proper sled.:D

The CareFlite helicopter may be the next thing you see landing on your street. Sheesh!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#3,548  
Its so cold, I just saw to lawyers with their hands in their own pockets!:shocked:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #3,549  
Thursday night we had two aircraft to work on. First aircraft was there at 20:30 hours (8:30 pm) and the second plane was suppose to be in at 00:30 hours (12:30 am)......a RED eye special. So we took a nap between planes and were told it was moved back to arrive at 01:15 hours. I woke up at 10 minutes after 1 and was told the plane made an approach, aborted landing and diverted to Austin for fuel.

We looked outside and decided it was good enough weather for our Headup Display System (HUD) to get the plane down to 50 foot elevation. If the captain had not acquired sight of the runway at 50 feet, he goes around. This flight came in from St. Louis. So it should have had all tail winds. Why, I asked did he need to go to Austin and get fuel????????? Did the FO mess up on the fuel reserve load??? Was the HUD not working????? We could see the top of the terminal from across the airport, so we knew the ceiling was above 50 feet. So we had to wait until he returned from Austin to work on the plane. So we got hands on the plane at 03:45 this morning.

It's still a mystery to us MX folks why he didn't land. The two mechanics that taxied the plane back did not push the captain for an answer, as his night, morning, and next day was a mess already.
hugs, Brandi