Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#4,901  
[/COLOR]

Priceless!:laughing:

Rick, that is the only thing I can come up with!:D There where just to many "Cowboy anomalies" going on, for it to have been anything else, combined with Jerry Jones ego and $$$, I have no doubt that is what happened:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,902  
When the super bowl came on last night,, I set outside on the patio drinking Canadian Hunter and ice water,, listening to the rain hit on the roof and watching the north wind blow the rose plants,, thinking I should have covered those up.. But too late now.. Betty Lou Thelma Liz watched the game, because she a redneckie, and rooted for her favor team the Hawks,, because that's the one our youngest son said would win,, She had a bet with one of her ladies friend that lives in Loveland Co.. Neither will ever payoff or remember who won.. I got plastered,:), Now Ron tells me we are going to have six more weeks of Warthog biting weather,:eek:, I only know one thing for sure.:confused3:. When we had this named the; Texas spring/summer thread,, it's was cold.. Maybe it is the name and we brought it on ourselves? .:laughing:. Lou

#4,903  
Lou, we haven't even made it to the "Spring/Summer" thread:confused3: Are you saying we should change and hope it makes a difference?:laughing: That thread is Bird, or Jim's "baby" soooooo:D (been so long since that kind of weather, I forgot:eek:)

You're sitting on the porch with a drink, watching the breeze, not counting letting those piles of "round tamales" grow, so why would you want to change a "thang?:confused3::laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,904  
Never got below freezing yesterday, but a good rain that was much needed. We had 5/8 of an inch before we went to church and 2 inches when we got back home. Glad I didn't have to get out in it, just stayed in the house and watch the super bowl........well at least some of the commercials were worth watching.

Charlie

Wow! Charlie, I'm GREEN with envy. My new rain gage said .47" of precip after I let the ice melt for a total reading. We really got a lot of ice yesterday and schools are closed today. Everything is white and not melting off at all. A good slow melt will ensure that all the moisture goes into the ground. We need every drop to soak in and do deep watering to roots.

It's up to 28 F here, so nothing is melting off yet. If we don't get some melt, they will not run school buses tomorrow either. The kids have missed over a week of school so far this year. They may have to extend the school year by a week if it keeps going this way.

I did enjoy the Super Bowl yesterday. I think Budweiser is the benchmark for classy commercials that bring a tear to your eyes while make you proud. Then, Doritos was the belly-laugh leader. The time-machine commercial almost made my wife and me fall off the couch laughing. Top notch stuff.:thumbsup:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,905  
I only know one thing for sure.:confused3:. When we had this named the; Texas spring/summer thread,, it's was cold.. Maybe it is the name and we brought it on ourselves? .:laughing:. Lou

Lou you are on the Fall/Winter thread, that's why it is cold. You can switch over to the Texas Spring/Summer thread on March 20, 2014. We don't go by no stinking warthog.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,906  
Well my wife was out walking the dog in her Babushka an returned to report an anomalous situation.
So I went down to the pond to see what she was concerned about.

The overflow pipe has a little crack in it that normally drips a little water in the summer but today
it was proudly squirting a "healthy stream" from the bottom left almost to the top right.
Must be the bladder pressure from the ice.:D
The outlet end is frozen but a trickle has cut it's way through.
Oh, what a relief that is" The only other path is over the top.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,907  
Lou you are on the Fall/Winter thread, that's why it is cold. You can switch over to the Texas Spring/Summer thread on March 20, 2014. We don't go by no stinking warthog.

Warthogs don't stink but they might bite you if you say, "Warthog, you stink"

#4,909  
Well my wife was out walking the dog in her Babushka an returned to report an anomalous situation.
So I went down to the pond to see what she was concerned about.

The overflow pipe has a little crack in it that normally drips a little water in the summer but today
it was proudly squirting a "healthy stream" from the bottom left almost to the top right.
Must be the bladder pressure from the ice.:D
The outlet end is frozen but a trickle has cut it's way through.
Oh, what a relief that is" The only other path is over the top.

Ron, I am a simple man just like my favorite uncle B Orielly:laughing: So I'm not going to ask what a "Babushka" is, It may be something sexy I want my wife to have too!!

As far as your pipe"squirting a "healthy stream"", My doc say's that's a good thing so, if the "trickle" returns, take your "pipe" and get it checked:D

#4,910  
oh,,:laughing:Lou

We didn't want to say anything and hurt your feelings:rotfl: Unless you're referring to a neighbor lady down the street that reminds you of a "Warthog":scratchchin: If that's the case, me thinks you best stay closer to home, or you may wake up with a PO'd wife waving a golf club!!! OR worse yet, she could dump all the booze!!!!:shocked: