Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,891  
Lou, I like the clay pigeon thrower up in the pickup bed. It gives you extra loft and distance when throwing. I have a cheap one that has legs you pound into the ground. It works well, but you only get 2 shots maximum if you are shooting a pump shotgun.

Well, it's almost time for the Super Bowl kickoff. The field looks excellent. My mind says the Seahawks have the advantage, but my heart is with the Broncos. Go Broncos!!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,892  
Go Seahawks. I once worked on the Seahawks owner's custom DC-9..,......and got a Seahawk cap..........before they went to the Super Bowl. Don't remember what year..........late 80s?
That bird had aux fuel tanks taking up all the rear bag bin and half the front bag bin. It could fly from Dallas to Zurich non stop.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,893  
Clear as mud, Lou. Clear as mud.;)
We always shot birds from left to right or right to left. We never layered folks front to back in case a low horizon shot came up. Of course, we were always walking forward........or placed around a watering hole.
hugs, Brandi
Brandi we are shooting skeet from the back of a truck bed.. they can be angled up or down from ground level to maybe 45 deg.. and left to right depending on which side the shooter are on.. from straight head from the thrower,, to 45 deg..you stand in one spot.. no walking on the course..:) Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,894  
Lou, you should get Brandi's ol tub and patch it up. Lots of ice and you have a big beer chest. PS, when you do sell out and move you better not go up around Yankee land (you know, where Jinman and Western live). You like sitting outside in your shorts with your beverage. Have ya noticed the temps those guys keep getting? Is Bowie or Decatur in Minnesota?

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,895  
Never got below freezing yesterday, but a good rain that was much needed. We had 5/8 of an inch before we went to church and 2 inches when we got back home. Glad I didn't have to get out in it, just stayed in the house and watch the super bowl........well at least some of the commercials were worth watching.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,896  
I never got above freezing yesterday .. 1/4" ice with about 1" snow .. 18 this morning and some more cold on the way.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#4,897  
28* and a little "icy" tody. forecast for the week looks like winter time in Ohio...oh yeah.....:laughing:

Watched the game yesterday...bah humbug.. I knew after the 1st play what was going on, The Cowboys somehow paid'd-off the Broncos to let them play wearing the Broncos uniforms.:shocked:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,898  
28* and a little "icy" tody. forecast for the week looks like winter time in Ohio...oh yeah.....:laughing:QUOTE]

Don't fret, it will be here tomorrow:)
Been raining and melting. We could see grass for the first time in a week yesterday.
That darn groundhog. He was so mad from all the camera flashes he bit the handler.
Now we got 6 more weeks of this stuff.... at least:mad:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #4,899  
28* and a little "icy" tody. forecast for the week looks like winter time in Ohio...oh yeah.....:laughing:

Watched the game yesterday...bah humbug.. I knew after the 1st play what was going on, The Cowboys somehow paid'd-off the Broncos to let them play wearing the Broncos uniforms.:shocked:

Priceless!:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#4,900  
Ron, It would be OK, if I had done my outdoor chores this weekend when it was 78*! I spent Saturday on the girls bathroom "remodel" and by the time I got done, my back was hurting and it was near dark. I also neglected to notice this weeks temps would be all near highs in the 30's-40's..DUH

I have 2 cords of (was) dry oak to split, with my back being hit and miss, (I still split by hand, for the exercise:D). So I usually can get by just splitting a bucket load at a time. Don't need to burn wood, but the wife loves to sit and read in front of the FP,,,,So.....it's one of those "eat, don't eat" dilemmas:laughing: