Kubota Super UDT

/ Kubota Super UDT #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
I just bought 11 gallons for my scheduled Hydraulic change on my Kubota 3130 GST. I paid 102 dollars per 5 gallon bucket and 42 dollars for the hydro filter. On top of that I got a 10 percent veteran discount on the total bill which I thought was pretty neat. I always put the correct best suggested blood into the into the bowels of the body to protect the investment. I paid more for my last hydraulic fluid.........What are you paying in your area??

/ Kubota Super UDT #2  
Can't remember what I paid last but check out Kubota's website under parts. They are running mail in rebates for oil.

/ Kubota Super UDT #3  
Can't remember what I paid last but check out Kubota's website under parts. They are running mail in rebates for oil.

Said part is the way the rebate I have reads it will only pay for 1 gallon of each per produce category

image-436676898.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Kubota Super UDT #4  
Yea it's limited. I got the $10 back last time I serviced. It's a dab back I guess. Glad that oil is good for 400 hrs,it would be rough doing that regular! You got good price John,at least in my area.

/ Kubota Super UDT #5  
I tried TSC's Traveler brand hydraulic fluid in my 3240 GST machine, over a year ago. 2 x $42/5gal pail. Worked fine all last year & plowing snow this Winter.

/ Kubota Super UDT
I heard a lot of guys on here with the GST's say they tried other fluids and it made the shifting VERY sluggish. Especially in cold weather. For the few xtra bucks I feel better using the recommended fluids for piece of mind...

/ Kubota Super UDT #7  
I agree johnk, I will use only Kubota fluids and filters. Grease too.

/ Kubota Super UDT #8  
I heard a lot of guys on here with the GST's say they tried other fluids and it made the shifting VERY sluggish. Especially in cold weather. For the few xtra bucks I feel better using the recommended fluids for piece of mind...

I agree johnk, I will use only Kubota fluids and filters. Grease too.

I understand and respect your opinions on this matter - it's definitely a peace of mind thing.
For me, the more than $120 premium on 11 gallons caused me less peace of mind, wondering if it's really that much better. My conclusion: I don't believe it is, but time will tell, for me. So far, so good. I also use only Kubota filters, but not Kubota motor oil or Kubota grease.

Last edited:
   / Kubota Super UDT
I understand and respect your opinions on this matter - it's definitely a peace of mind thing.
For me, the more than $120 premium on 11 gallons caused me less peace of mind, wondering if it's really that much better. My conclusion: I don't believe it is, but time will tell, for me. So far, so good. I also use only Kubota filters, but not Kubota motor oil or Kubota grease.

Do you keep the Kubota in a heated environment in the winter?? Mine is in a cold pole barn...

/ Kubota Super UDT #10  
No - it sleeps in an unheated, unattached garage that is a miserable, cold, damp place from December until sometime in late April or early May, unless I fire up the woodstove out there. Our L3240 is the snow removal machine at our place, so it gets plenty of use in the cold.