Thinking of adding another tractor to my stable

/ Thinking of adding another tractor to my stable #1  

The kid

Elite Member
Tractor
1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel
I saw a Ford 1600 that looked to be in decent shape for sale on Craigslist near me. They where asking $3100 for it. The ad stated it was a diesel. Can anyone tell me what to look for when I go check it out?

Here's the link with pictures. -kid

1600 FORD DIECEL TRACTOR

/ Thinking of adding another tractor to my stable #2  
It looks pretty good provided all the innards work as advertised. I bought my 1700 for $3100 about 9 years ago and could not be happier with it. it is a no non-sense work horse specially in tight areas, only sips diesel. Clutch parts can be had for cheap but other major parts might be difficult to come by or expensive. Can find filter replacements (oil and others) can be found with a bit of research and looking around. It appears it was barn/garage kept. Take dip stick out and look at the condition of hyd oil, might see some tell-tale signs,
JC,

/ Thinking of adding another tractor to my stable
My only concern is the small C.i. engine. The little brute may have good torque but the HP is much less than the 135 I own. Since it's diesel it's probably economical on fuel. I have been looking at the Kubota's and New Hollands.

Sent via Ipad2

/ Thinking of adding another tractor to my stable #4  
My only concern is the small C.i. engine. The little brute may have good torque but the HP is much less than the 135 I own. Since it's diesel it's probably economical on fuel. I have been looking at the Kubota's and New Hollands. Sent via Ipad2

What type stuff and size equipment do you want to use with it?